Consultant Acute MedicineConsultant Acute Medicine- £84,559 -£114,003 Per annum plus annual leave and pension Location:London and Kent The successful applicant will have the responsibility for...
Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Consultant in Acute Medicine to join a small NHS Hospital based in West Midlands.
Salary scale: £84,559 to £114,003 per annum depending on experience - 10 PA's
Hours: Full Time, 10 Programmed
Contract type: Fixed term for 12 months (Locum Consultant)
The job plan will initially be offered as 10 PAs although there may be opportunities to increase the number of PAs by discussion and mutual agreement.
- - To effectively manage those patients attending with medical conditions following attendance to the Emergency Department and those ambulatory patients on the SDEC Unit in conjunction with the other Emergency teams
- - To work closely with Emergency Department Consultants to ensure assessment of emergency patients by a senior clinician within 1 hour of arrival.
- - To provide clinical leadership for development and delivery of a "Blended Model" of Emergency and Acute Physicians across teams sharing tasks, reducing duplication and improving the patient experience.
On call responsibilities will move towards a 1:14 non-resident out of hours on call.
- Full and Specialist registration (and with a licence to practice) with the General Medical Council (GMC) or be eligible for registration within six months of interview.
- MRCP or equivalent
- Thorough knowledge of specialty and ability to work at consultant level.
If you are interested and wish to receive more details about this post, please apply below and send your CV to Agnieszka Olbrys.