Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Consultant Radiologist with a Sub-Specialist interest in Breast Imaging to join a large NHS Hospital based in southeast England (close to London).
Salary scale: £84,559 to £114,003 per annum depending on experience - 10 PA's
Plus the relocation package
Hours: 10 PA's
Contract type: Fixed term for 12 months (Locum Consultant)
The successful applicant will join the Trusts consultant radiologists providing a rapid assessment symptomatic breast service in addition to supporting the local Breast Screening service. The breast unit currently sees over 400 new patients with breast cancer each year and the radiology team provide a full range of diagnostic interventions, including vacuum assisted biopsy and excision, and breast MRI.
The successful candidates other than pure breast radiologists will contribute to the current duty/on call arrangements. Emergency imaging is reported on site from 8am to 8pm on weekdays and 9am to 5pm on weekends and bank holidays.
Main clinical duties:
- Deliver a diagnostic radiology service of high quality.
- Contribute to development of the general and specialist imaging service to support the Trust in ensuring provision of high-quality diagnostic support throughout the week including sessions in ultrasound & cross-sectional imaging.
- Work flexibly with colleagues to support the timely management of emergencies and inpatients.
- Undertake an appropriate share of the on-call rota for diagnostic radiology.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary clinical meetings (MDT).
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of clinical protocols.
- MBBS or Equivalent
- Entry on GMC Specialist Register; eligible for entry on Register or within six months of receipt of CCT at time of interview.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists (or equivalent)
- Evidence of appropriate training in all imaging modalities
- Experience with Clinical audit
- Ability to offer expert clinical opinion on a wide range of modalities
If you are interested and wish to receive more details about this post, please apply below and send your CV to Agnieszka Olbrys.