Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Consultant Urologist to join a large NHS hospital based in Northern Ireland. Salary scale: ...
Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Consultant in Diabetes and Endocrinology to join a large NHS Hospital based in southeast England (close to London).
Salary scale: £84,559 to £114,003 per annum depending on experience - 10 PA's
Plus the relocation package
Hours: Full Time, 10 PA's
Contract type: Fixed term for 12 months (Locum Consultant)
Main Duties of the Post
- To assess, manage and treat Diabetes and Endocrine patients attending Outpatient clinics.
- To participate in and supervise processes to improve communication of patient care such as handover and morning report.
- To contribute to and develop outpatient services in Diabetes and Endocrinology.
- The candidate will be expected to partake in the General Internal Medicine Physician of the day rota at the Hospital which currently operates a 1 in 22 rota.
On-call general medicine rota is averaged as 1:22 days 08.00 to 08.00. During on calls, the physician directly reviews patients across the Emergency Department floor at the Hospital from 14.00pm to 21.30pm
- Full MRCP (UK) or equivalent qualification.
- Entry on the General Medical Council (GMC) Specialist Register for Endocrinology and Diabetes Mellitus. Entry on the GMC Specialist Registrar in General (Internal) Medicine or Acute (Internal) Medicine via one of the following: Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT), Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR) or European Community Rights
- Clinical training and experience equivalent to that required for gaining UK CCT in Endocrinology & Diabetes Mellitus with General (Internal) Medicine or Acute (Internal Medicine)
- Ability to offer expert clinical opinion on a range of problems both emergency and elective within the specialty.
- Ability to take full and independent responsibility for clinical care of patients.
- Expertise in a subspecialty.
If you are interested and wish to receive more details about this post, please apply below and send your CV to Agnieszka Olbrys.