Client Name: North Tyneside General Hospital part of Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustRole: Locum Consultant in General MedicineRates: Excellent Rates of PayLocation: North Shields in...
Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Locum Consultant Care of Elderly Physician to join a large NHS Teaching hospital based in Yorkshire.
Salary scale: £79,957 to £103,806 per annum depending on experience - 10 PA's
Hours: Whole time, Part time or Job Share up to 12 PAs
It is a full-time post - 12 month fixed term contract in the first instance.
Participation on GIM on call rota is essential (1:16 weekday & 1:8 weekends), the Trust is working towards a standalone Elderly rota
Main duties of the job
The post is offered as 10 programmed activities (PAs) over five days and you will be part of the frailty 7 day service provision. We are open to discuss any specific or specialised job plans that candidates may desire, including flexible/less than full time working. The department strives to achieve a collective work ethos to help to maintain long term sustainability to work-life balance. Whether you are interested in a sub-specialty commitment, teaching, research or quality improvement projects, we are excited to explore these opportunities with you.This is an excellent opportunity to join an innovative department which offers exciting opportunities in acute care, frailty, orthogeriatrics and community based care.
- Hold a medical qualification registered with the GMC
- Hold a license to practice with the General Medical Council
- CESR submission for Geriatric medicine to be made within 6 months of appointment (details of how this will be achieved must be evidenced in the application)
- Ability to demonstrate clinical experience and skill required for gaining UK CCT in Geriatric +/- General Medicine
- Demonstrates a sound knowledge of clinical governance practice
- Minimum 6 months UK experience.
- Current ALS certificate
If you are interested and wish to receive more details about this post, please apply below and send your CV to Agnieszka Olbrys