Clinical Specialist Sonographer (Band 8)
Medacs Healthcare is currently looking for a Clinical Specialist Sonographer (Advanced Practitioner) to join a large NHS Trust based in Southeast England.
Type of contract: Full time, fixed term
Salary: Band 7 £45,024 - £50,806 a year
Main Duties of the post:
- To undertake ultrasound imaging in a highly professional manner, and act as an accepted clinical expert in their Clinical Speciality.
- To manage a patient caseload and be a recognised source of clinical expertise both within the Trust and externally.
- To be a member of a multi-disciplinary team providing timely, responsive and patient centred ultrasound services both within the base hospital and outreach situation.
- Advise on clinical management according to departmental protocols and guidelines.
- Assess the competency of junior staff and make decisions regarding their ability to qualify and work alone.
- Demonstrate competency in the full complement of standard general Ultrasound skills
- To be prepared to offer/request advice from fellow sonographers when necessary
- BSc (Hons) Diagnostic Radiography/DCR or equivalent in a health related specialty e.g. midwifery, nursing
- Post-graduate qualification in Ultrasound PG Dip or DMU
- HCPC or RCT Registration
- Evidence of further training at Masters Level or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years postgraduate experience in Ultrasound
- Evidence of advanced level CPD in specialist skill area.
- Evidence of wide ranging experience within speciality
If you are interested and wish to receive more details about this post, please apply below and send your CV to Agnieszka Olbrys.