A wonderful opportunity available for an experienced Consultant Rheumatologist (Arabic Speaking) based in Abu Dhabi. We are currently looking for an Consultant Rheumatologist ...
Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Locum Consultant Rheumatologist to join a large NHS hospital based in the Greater Manchester area.
Salary scale: £84,559 to £114,003 per annum depending on experience - 10 PA's
Hours: Full Time, 10 Programmed
Contract type: Fixed term for 12 months (Locum Consultant)
The successful candidate will be joining the Rheumatology Department which comprises 2.4 substantive consultants working alongside a GPVTS, two specialist nurses and a specialist pharmacist. There is a comprehensive range of outpatient services and procedures undertaken as day cases.
Main duties of the post will include:
- Management of patients with rheumatological diseases, including inpatient admissions and outpatient clinics.
- The role will include assisting in optimising pathways enhancing the service offered to the local community and linking in with tertiary centres with opportunities to participate in junior doctor training and research.
- The postholder will be encouraged to develop a special interest to fit in with the future development of the department.
- To provide timely advice for inpatient referrals from other colleagues within the Trust as requested.
- To provide out-patient services including both new and follow-up Rheumatology patients and advice and guidance requests as per agreed job plan.
- Organising training and development opportunities in Rheumatology for medical, nursing, therapy and other staff associated with the Rheumatology Department.
This is a 10 PA post:
- 25 direct clinical care activities (4.5 Clinics),
- 50 supporting professional activities for Continuing Professional Development, participation in Job Planning, Appraisal, Mandatory Training, Audit and Clinical Governance activity this allows Consultants to participate in this required activity.
- 25 additional programmed activities as educational supervisor
- Full registration with the General Medical Council with a valid license to practice (or demonstrates eligibility to apply for registration and license)
- Post Graduate Degree e.g. MD, PhD, MSc MRCP UK or Ireland
- MRCP Rheumatology Broad experience in the management of all aspects of Rheumatology
If you are interested and wish to receive more details about this post, please apply below and send your CV to Agnieszka Olbrys