Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Consultant Physician with an Interest Geriatric Medicine to join a large, university NHS Hospital based in Northwest England. Salary...
We are looking for a Locum Consultant Physician in Respirator Medicine to join an NHS district hospital based in the south west England.
Salary scale: £84,559 to £114,003 per annum plus Relocation Package
Hours: Full time, 10 PA's contract
Type of contact: Fixed term for 12 months
Roles and Responsibilities of the Post:
To provide, to a high standard, the full range of specialist diagnosis and care to patients requiring respiratory and general medicine care including:
- Inpatient work - The new consultant will work as part of the team on a dedicated respiratory ward managing patients with acute respiratory and general medical conditions. The ward is able to manage patients on Bi-level Ventilation, CPAP and HFNO; including patients stepping down from HDU/ICU including on occasions tracheostomised patients. The ward has a dedicated USS machine for pleural ultrasound and a ward based treatment room.
- Inpatient Referrals - supporting the Emergency Medical Unit, Ambulatory Care and other general ward areas, enabling the efficient and effective assessment and initial management of all respiratory patients.
- Participation in the on call consultant physician rota, including a 12 hour on site requirement at weekends and bank holidays.
- Outpatient work - The new consultant will provide 2-3 outpatient clinics per week, seeing general respiratory referrals, with the opportunity to develop a specialty clinic.
- To work within the multidisciplinary team to support the development of in house, county wide and community respiratory services.
This post entails 11 programmed activities (PAs) per week in total.
DCC: 7.5 SPA: 2.5 On call commitment: 1 PA +on-call supplement
- MBBS and MRCP or equivalent
- Full GMC Registration with a license to practice
- Entry on the GMC Specialist Register via: CCT (proposed CCT date must be within 6 months of the interview date) or CESR or European Community Rights
- Depth and breadth of experience in General Internal Medicine and Respiratory Medicine following completion of approved STR training programme or equivalent.
- Experience in a special interest that will complement those existing in the department.
- NHS experience (a mimimum of 6 months)
If you are interested and wish to receive more details about this post, please apply below and send your CV to Agnieszka Olbrys