Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Locum Vascular & Interventional Consultant Radiologist to join a large, university NHS Trust based in East Midlands.Salary scale: ...
Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Locum Consultant Radiologist to join a small NHS hospital based in Somerset.
Salary scale: £84,559 to £114,003 per annum depending on experience - 10 PA's plus relocation package
Hours: Full Time, 11 Programmed Activities
Contract type: Fixed term for 12 months (Locum Consultant)
Main duties of the post:
- The Trust is seeking a candidate to provide General Radiology services. This should encompass plain film reporting, screening and cross-sectional imaging with CT, MRI and Ultrasound. The ability to perform some standard nuclear medicine reporting would be welcome.
- General radiological services, as to be expected within a small DGH, are provided and within these there is scope for the development of most subspecialty interests. There is no vascular intervention at the hospital.
- The Radiologist appointed will be expected to participate in regular audit. There are monthly Clinical Governance meetings within the department which include regular learning from discrepancy meetings.
- Interested candidates who will not have obtained their CCT by the required date for this post, are advised to contact the department to discuss future developments.
- The post is advertised as full time (10PAs) with one of the PAs for on call work. The on call rota will be approx. 1 in 8 to 1 in 10 with prospective cover. It is anticipated to be 1 in 10 once the department is recruited to full establishment of Consultants.
- At present there is no requirement to be in the hospital while on call and images can be reported remotely - a remote workstation will be provided.
- GMC registration with a license to practice
- MBBS and FRCR or equivalent Full GMC Registration with a license to practice
- Five years clinical experience in Radiology
- Experience in a special interest that will complement those existing in the department
- Experience of PACS radiology
If you are interested and wish to receive more details about this post, please apply below and send your CV to Agnieszka Olbrys