Client Name: East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation TrustRole: Locum Gastroenterology ConsultantRates: £100-£120 per hour. PAYE or Umbrella payments only (inside IR35)Shifts: ASAP for...
Medacs Healthcare is currently recruiting for a Locum Consultant Paediatrician (with an interest in Gastroenterology) post based in Shropshire.
Salary scale: £88,364 to £119,133 per annum depending on experience - 10 PA's plus relocation allowance up to £8,000
Hours: Full Time, 10 Programmed Activities
Contract type: Fixed term for 12 months (Locum Consultant)
- To provide consultant level care of acutely ill children and lead the team
- To provide paediatric gastroenterology subspecialty outpatient care
- To provide educational supervision to trainees
- To support the department with supporting professional activities To develop enhanced clinical skills, especially in the assessment and management of acutely ill patients.
For a full-time contract, the job plan will be divided on average per week (pro-rata for a part time post) as:
- 8 Programmed Activities (PAs) of Direct Clinical Care - includes clinical activity, clinically related activity and predictable and unpredictable emergency work.
- 2 Supporting Professional Activities (SPAs) - includes CPD, audit, teaching and research.
The Post holder will cover the acute paediatric ward in their ward week (consultant of the ward) 3.72 times a year and cover the assessment unit in their assessment week (consultant of assessment unit) 3.72 times a year. There will general paediatric and gastroenterology clinics at both sites. The post attracts 2 PAs of supporting professional activity per week.
The post-holder will be expected to contribute to the 1:7 full-shift rota.
- Full Registration and a licence to practise with the General Medical Council (GMC)
- Spin module in Paediatric gastroenterology
- Tertiary Paediatric gastroenterology experience for a minimum of 6 months at middle-grade level and additional minimum 6 months at DGH level
If you are interested and wish to receive more details about this post, please apply below and send your CV to Agnieszka Olbrys