Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Consultant in Respiratory Medicine with an interest in Sleep / NIVto join a large NHS Hospital based in southeast...
Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Consultant in Respiratory Medicine with a special interest in Asthma to join a large NHS Hospital based in southeast England (close to London).
Salary scale: £84,559 to £114,003 per annum depending on experience - 10 PA's
Hours: Full Time, 10 Programmed Activities plus 1 optional additional programmed activity
Contract type: Permanent
Duties of the Post
- To lead and develop the Asthma service, other special interests will be considered. Please refer to our list of services on page 7.
- To partake in a 1:15 rota on call for General Medicine, this will attract a Category B 1% on-call supplement.
On-call general medicine rota is Category B 1:15 days 08.00 to 08.00. Post take ward round starts at 08.00 am in the Acute Medical Unit on the day the on-call ends. The physician will see any admissions to the critical care unit, direct admissions outside the medical wards and referrals received during the on-call period.
To allow the physician to complete the post take/ ward round, other clinical commitments will not be scheduled for post take days.
- MRCP or equivalent.
- Possession of a CCST in General & Respiratory Medicine (or within 6 months of the award at the time of interview) and/or inclusion on or eligibility for inclusion on the GMC Specialist Register
- Clinical training and experience equivalent to that required for gaining UK CCST in respiratory and general medicine.
- Ability to offer expert clinical opinion on range of problems both emergency and elective within the specialty.
- Ability to take full and independent responsibility for clinical care of patients.
- Expertise in a subspecialty
If you are interested and wish to receive more details about this post, please apply below and send your CV to Agnieszka Olbrys.