Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Consultant in Stroke Medicine to join an NHS district hospital based in South West England. Salary scale: ...
Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Consultant Physician in Respirator Medicine to join an NHS district hospital based in the south west England.
Salary scale: £84,559 to £114,003 per annum
Hours: Full time, 10 PA's contract
Type of contact: Fixed term for 12 months
Roles and Responsibilities of the Post:
- To provide, to a high standard, the full range of specialist diagnosis and care to patients requiring respiratory and general medicine care including:
o Inpatient work - The new consultant will work as part of the team on a dedicated respiratory ward managing patients with acute respiratory and general medical conditions. The ward is able to manage patients on Bi-level Ventilation, CPAP and HFNO; including patients stepping down from HDU/ICU including on occasions tracheostomised patients. The ward has a dedicated USS machine for pleural ultrasound and a ward based treatment room.
o Inpatient Referrals - supporting the Emergency Medical Unit, Ambulatory Care and other general ward areas, enabling the efficient and effective assessment and initial management of all respiratory patients.
o Participation in the on call consultant physician rota, including a 12 hour on site requirement at weekends and bank holidays.
o Outpatient work - The new consultant will provide 2-3 outpatient clinics per week, seeing general respiratory referrals, with the opportunity to develop a specialty clinic.
- To work within the multidisciplinary team to support the development of in house, county wide and community respiratory services.
This post entails 11 programmed activities (PAs) per week in total.
DCC: 7.5 SPA: 2.5 On call commitment: 1 PA +on-call supplement
- MBBS and MRCP or equivalent
- Full GMC Registration with a license to practice
- Entry on the GMC Specialist Register via: CCT (proposed CCT date must be within 6 months of the interview date) or CESR or European Community Rights
- Depth and breadth of experience in General Internal Medicine and Respiratory Medicine following completion of approved STR training programme or equivalent.
- Experience in a special interest that will complement those existing in the department.
If you are interested and wish to receive more details about this post, please apply below and send your CV to Agnieszka Olbrys