Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Consultant in Microbiology to join a large NHS Hospital based in Herefordshire.
Salary scale: £84,559 to £114,003 per annum depending on experience - 10 PA's
Hours: This post is a whole time (10 programmed activities)
Contract type: Substantive or fixed term
The post offers the opportunity to be head of department, infection control doctor/lead (ICD), antimicrobial stewardship lead or outpatient parenteral therapy lead (OPAT) according to the preference of the appointee.
The appointee, together with the existing colleagues, will be responsible for the provision of a comprehensive, efficient and cost-effective clinical microbiology, virology and infection prevention and control service to the Trust.
Responsibilities of the post include direct clinical care (DCC) and proactive liaison in a timely manner with consultant colleagues, other hospital staff, medical microbiology colleagues and lead respiratory physicians for tuberculosis management, GPs and the antimicrobial pharmacist.
- Direct clinical care (includes clinical activity and clinically related activity): 7.5 PAs on average per week
- Supporting professional activities (includes CPD, CQI, audit, teaching and research and public engagement): 2.5 PAs per week
- Candidates for the post must be either registered medical practitioners on the Specialist Register of the GMC or be eligible to be on the specialist register within six months of the date of the Advisory Appointments Committee (AAC). It is expected that the appointee will hold the FRCPath or MRCP or show evidence of equivalent training and experience
- Evidence of thorough and broad training and experience in medical microbiology and/or infectious diseases.
- Knowledge and experience of medical microbiology and/or infectious diseases
If you are interested and wish to receive more details about this post, please apply below and send your CV to Agnieszka Olbrys.