Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Consultant Urologist to join a large NHS hospital based in Northern Ireland.
Salary scale: £84,975 - £114,567 per annum
Hours: Full time, 10 PA's contract
It is a full-time post - fixed term 12 month contract.
The purpose of the job is to provide the full range of inpatient and outpatient urological services. The post holders will participate in a 1:7 on call including weekends, Category A on-call rota supplement 5%.
Annual leave will be 32 days per annum initially rising to 34 days after 7 years' seniority, plus 10 statutory and public holidays. The posts also has an attractive study leave entitlement of up to 30 days paid leave with expenses in any period of three years. A relocation package may also be available if required.
The service provided at the Hospital encompasses the entire spectrum of urological investigation and management, with the main exceptions of radical pelvic surgery, renal transplantation and associated vascular access surgery, which are provided by the Regional Transplantation Service. The Hospital has been designated as a Cancer Unit, with its Urological Department being designated the Urological Cancer Unit for the Area population of 425,000. They also have a purpose built Urology outpatient facility.
DUTIES OF THE POST
The appointee will:
- Have responsibility for urological patients.
- Be expected to share in the on call rota with the existing post holders. While maintaining clinical independence he/she will be expected to work as a member of the urological unit. An emergency theatre is staffed and available 24 hours per day.
- Be expected to undertake administrative and audit duties commensurate with the post and associated with the care of patients and the efficient running of the department.
- Be expected to take a full part in the teaching of undergraduates and post graduates
The successful candidate will play a key role in the promotion of the service including the development and implementation of plans to enhance the Urological service provided by the Trust.
- Hold Full registration with the General Medical Council (London) with Licence to Practice or be able to obtain by time of appointment; 1
- Hold a higher professional diploma i.e. Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (Urol) or equivalent qualification
- Extensive experience and knowledge in Urology
If you are interested and wish to receive more details about this post, please apply below and send your CV to Agnieszka Olbrys