Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Locum Consultant in Medical Oncology (Breast Cancer & Acute Oncology) to join a large NHS hospital based in West...
Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Consultant in Medical Oncology to join a large district general hospital based in the East of England.
Salary scale: £84,559 to £114,003 per annum
Type of contact: Locum Consultant - Fixed term for 12 months
This is a 10 PA Locum Consultant Medical Oncologist post. The primary aim of this job is to deliver an oncology practice in Breast and Gynaecological malignancy.
- To provide specialist Oncological services to the population served by the hospital in conjunction with special reference to breast and gynaecological malignancies
- To work with consultant colleagues and primary care services to develop rapid routes of referral for cancer patients
- To liaise with clinical colleagues in Medicine, Surgery, Haematology and palliative care to assist in providing a seamless service for patients transferring between the different aspect of the service
- To liaise with Colleagues in Medicine Surgery and the surgical specialities to provide regular cover for patients with neutropenic sepsis and other oncological complications.
- To participate in clinical research
The job plan will consist of 10 PA's of routine work including 1.5 SPA with additional time for any additional roles including teaching, research etc. This 1.5 SPA will include a Lead role within the unit.
- GMC registration with a license to practice
- MBBS, MRCP or equivalent
- Management and audit relevant to Oncology
If you are interested and wish to receive more details about this post, please apply below and send your CV to Agnieszka Olbrys