Client Name: North West Anglia NHS Foundation TrustRole: Locum Consultant Medical Oncologist with interest in Breast and Upper GI, but open to discussionRates: £110-£140 per...
Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Specialist Doctor Medical Oncologist in Hepatobiliary and Renal Cancer to join a university NHS hospital based in East Midlands.
Salary scale: £83,945 to £95,275 per annum depending on experience.
Relocation package: up to £6,000
Hours: Full time - 10 Programmed Activities
Type of contact: NHS fixed term contract for 12 months
The on-call commitment is currently 1:20. This post is deemed to be in Category B and an allowance is paid for being on-call.
SPA allocation: The Trust offer all new Specialists 2 core SPA for the first 12 months in post. 1.5 PAs are provided to ensure that doctors can maintain accreditation and revalidation through appraisal and continuing medical education (CME).
The additional 0.5 core SPA demonstrates our commitment to a culture of continuing education and training and gives new consultants time for the best possible induction / orientation with support from a buddy / mentor within their specialty.
Successful candidates are encouraged to make use of additional CPD time to undertake additional education / training in order to ensure competence across all elements of the job description. This may be discussed at interview.
- A full range of Oncology emergency and elective patients are admitted to the Trust and the appointee will be responsible for the management of those patients admitted under his/her care.
- Provision with Consultant colleagues of a comprehensive elective and emergency Oncology service. On-call episodes will include a post-take ward round.
- Provision of reciprocal cover for periods of leave.
- Continuing responsibility for the care of patients in his/her charge and the proper functioning of the department.
- Full GMC registration
- Eligible to be included on the Specialist Register
- MRCP or equivalent
- Experience and special interest in hepatobiliary cancer
- Experience and special interest in renal cancer (or in agreed second site) and further support and training can be given if needed.
- Clinical Trials/Research
- Experience in prescribing and managing patients with systemic chemotherapy
If you are interested and wish to receive more details about this post, please apply below and send your CV to Agnieszka Olbrys.