A fantastic opportunity available for a Consultant paediatric Intensivist in Abu Dhabi! Medacs Healthcare is offering a very exciting opportunity for a paediatric...
Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Locum Consultant in Paediatric Gastroenterology to join a university NHS hospital based in East Midlands.
Salary scale: £93,666 to £126,281 per annum depending on experience
Relocation package: up to £8,000
Hours: Full time - 10 Programmed Activities
Type of contact: NHS fixed term contract for 12 months
This is a new post that has come about primarily to support the growing demand on the Nutritional Support Team. The post is therefore suitable for those coming to the end of their formal specialist training.
The job plan consists of 10 PAs & additional 0.25 PA telephone advice on call.
Ad hoc clinics: include transition clinics and the expectation would be that each consultant provides on average 4 such clinics in a year.
There is no on-call commitment currently but it is anticipated that there will be a formal telephone on call rota shared with other centres in the region. The on call supplement for availability will be 3% (Category B).
- Provision with Consultant colleagues of a comprehensive elective and emergency Paediatric Gastroenterology/Hepatology & Nutrition service during normal working hours. The appointee will be responsible for the management of emergency / elective patients admitted under his / her care.
- Provision of reciprocal cover for periods of leave.
- Continuing responsibility for the care of patients in his/her charge and participation in quality improvement programmes within the department.
- Responsibility for the patients during out of hours is with the paediatrician on call. There is no expectation to return to site during out of hours as there is no formal on call rota; however there is an expectation to provide telephone advice to senior colleagues out of hours.
- Full GMC registration
- Eligible to be included on the Specialist Register
- MRCPCH or equivalent
- Training in Paediatrics, and Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition including diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy
- Safeguarding level 3 training
- Up to date advanced life support training
If you are interested and wish to receive more details about this post, please apply below and send your CV to Agnieszka Olbrys.