Client Name: Conquest Hospital part of Sussex Partnership Role: Locum Doctor, Consultant in General Adult Psychiatry Rates: Excellent rates of payLocation: St Leonards On SeaBenefits...
Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Locum Consultant in Paediatric Critical Care interested in joining a large university hospital based in Wales.
Salary: £86,063 to £111,732 a year per annum
Hours: Full Time, 10 Programmed Activities
Contract type: Fixed term for 12 months (Locum Consultant) or Substantive
The PICU Unit is commissioned to run 7 beds. It treats patients with all paediatric conditions including neurosurgery; those acutely requiring cardiac surgery are transferred to Bristol PICU.
The post is based on 10 sessions made up of 9 sessions direct clinical care and 1 session of supporting professional activity.
On-call is currently 1 in 9.5 with prospective cover. The post has a significant out-of-hours commitment with the expectation of nightly ward rounds and twice-daily ward rounds at weekends in addition which equates to 2.8 sessions per week on average from work diaries of Consultants over a two-year period.
Clinical duties will include:
- You will provide with consultant colleagues (as appropriate) a service in the speciality to the hospitals so designated, with responsibility for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness and promotion of health.
- You will have continuing responsibility for the care of patients in your charge in liaison with consultant colleagues
- You will be responsible for the professional supervision and management of junior medical staff.
- The successful candidate will participate in a 1 in 9.5 rota to cover the Paediatric Intensive Care Unit.
- Full GMC registration with a license to practice
- Completion of all competencies in Paediatric Intensive Care (minimum of two years) in a unit approved for training by the RCPCH National GRID training programme with evidence that this training has been signed off, including a minimum of six months of anaesthetic training OR equivalent experience OR an existing practicing Consultant in Paediatric Intensive Care
If you are interested and wish to receive more details about this post, please apply below and send your CV to Agnieszka Olbrys