Client Name: NHS HighlandRole: Locum Consultant Clinical Oncologist with interest in Uro Oncology preferred, but open to discussionRates: £110-£140 per hour dependant on experience. PAYE...
Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Consultant Physician with an interest in Clinical Gerontology (including Frailty, Orthogeriatrics & Surgical Liaison) interested in joining a large university hospital based in London.
Salary scale: £88,364 to £119,133 per annum depending on experience - 10 PA's
Hours: Full Time, 10 Programmed Activities
Contract type: Fixed term for 12 months (Locum Consultant) or Substantive
The appointed physicians will join a progressive and innovative Department of Clinical Gerontology working closely with colleagues in other departments and in the community. The posts have been developed to allow applicants to participate in producing her/his own job plan subject to approval and needs of the department.
The services provided by the department include: Acute Frailty Unit (12 bedded new Older Persons Assessment Unit), Dementia Unit (20 beds), General Gerontology (54 beds), Rehabilitation (38 beds), Orthogeriatrics (28 beds), Parkinsons Disease Clinic, Tilt table testing & Carotid Studies, Falls & Bone Health Clinic and Dementia & Memory Service.
Main duties of the post:
- Together with the other Acute Geriatrician, to provide a service for older patients. This includes all aspects of treatment and relevant management duties for the proper functioning of the department.
- Shared responsibility with the other Geriatricians for providing 24 hour, 7 days a week cover for the Department on a rota basis. Responsible also for covering colleague's periods of annual leave and short-term sickness.
- Provide clinical supervision of junior medical staff as a shared responsibility with other consultant colleagues.
- Responsible for carrying out teaching, examination and accreditation duties as required and contributing to CPD and clinical governance initiatives.
- Responsible for outpatient clinic commitments in peripheral hospitals
The post holder will participate in the Physician of the Day (PoD) on-call at a frequency of 1 in 18. On Monday-Thursday, the rota starts at 17:00 and finishes at 20:30 hours and on Friday to Sunday, the rota starts at 12:00 and finishes at 20:30 hours.
- MRCP or equivalent
- Full Registration with GMC and Name on Specialist Register for GIM on date of taking up appointment.
- Experience in and knowledge of Geriatric Medicine.
- Wide experience in General medicine and interest in obtaining further qualifications in Geriatric Medicine.
If you are interested and wish to receive more details about this post, please apply below and send your CV to Agnieszka Olbrys