Client Name: Calderdale & Huddersfield NHS Foundation TrustRole: Locum Stroke Medicine ConsultantRates: £90-£110 per hourShifts: TBCLocation: Calderdale Royal HospitalBenefits:Over 5,000 new job requests received every...
Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Consultant in Stroke Medicine interested in joining a large university hospital based in East Midlands.
Salary scale: £88,364 to £119,133 per annum depending on experience - 10 PA's plus relocation allowance up to £8,000
Hours: Full Time, 10 Programmed Activities
Contract type: Fixed term for 12 months (Locum Consultant) or Substantive
Duties of the post:
- Provision with Consultant colleagues of a comprehensive Stroke & TIA service to the Trust & surrounding areas, with responsibility for the prevention, diagnosis & treatment of illness and the proper functioning of the department
- Teaching & training of junior medical staff and medical students
- To actively participate in both departmental & Trust matters concerning Clinical Governance & audit.
- To have responsibility for ensuring active participation in continuing medical education (CME).
Clinicians with prior consultant experience in GIM who want to increase their skills and focus on Stroke medicine would be welcomed and supported in acquiring the skills necessary to safely manage thrombolysis/thrombectomy assessments and other stroke-specific activities.
The candidates would be expected to contribute to the specialist weekend on-call for service for Stroke & TIA in-patients. Activity at a weekend is programmed to provide full ward cover Saturday and Sunday and overnight on call for Thrombolysis/advice regarding stroke care. Weekend activity is included within the 10 DCC PAs (comprising 1.5 of this 10).
- Full GMC Registration with a license to practise
- Entry on GMC Specialist Register or within 6 months of receipt of Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) in General (Internal) Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Neurology, Acute Medicine, or Rehabilitation Medicine
- 5 years' supervised training in an appropriate StR equivalent training programme, together with a high standard of clinical skill & expertise in Acute Medicine, General Medicine and/or Stroke Medicine, or Neurology or Geriatrics.
If you are interested and wish to receive more details about this post, please apply below and send your CV to Agnieszka Olbrys