We are currently recruiting for an experienced Consultant Paediatrician to join a team of well established consultants. Our client is well known provider in the...
Medacs Healthcare is looking for a Consultant Paediatrician to join a large NHS hospital based in West Midlands.
Salary scale: £84,559 to £114,003 per annum for 10 PAs
Type of contact: Locum Consultant - Fixed term for 12 months
Hours: Full Time, 10 Programmed activities
The successful candidates will work alongside 12 consultant paediatricians as part of a friendly and enthusiastic team providing first class consultant-delivered care to the children and families of Herefordshire and the surrounding areas.
A good general Paediatric and Neonatal background is the priority and practical skills are essential. Other special interests to complement the team are welcomed and the opportunity exists for on-the-job development of special interests.
The duties of the contract are as follows:
- To provide, with consultant colleagues, general paediatric and neonatal services within the Trust for the prevention, diagnosis and management of illness and the proper functioning of the
- The department seeks to provide/continue to provide specialist services in paediatric cardiology, or paediatric A Cardiology lead would work within an established cardiology hub and spoke model across the West Midlands. An Oncology lead would oversee our Level 1 POSCU. In both cases the lead would work closely with colleagues at Birmingham Children as part of a shared care agreement.
- To participate in the Consultant of the Week (CoW) This consultant is responsible for all the patients seen by the Paediatric team in the hospital for a consecutive period of either 4 week days (Monday - Thursday) or 3 weekend days (Friday - Sunday). The week is split to provide better work-life balance. The Consultant of the Week will have no other routine commitments such as clinics. A twilight consultant works an evening shift 4 days a week so that the CoW finishes their shift at 5.00pm (Monday - Thursday).
- To participate in the resident 12-hour shift night There is a rest day provided directly before and after each night shift.
- To perform urgent (acute) Child Safeguarding Medicals when the concern is in the category of physical
- To undertake General Paediatric Outpatient Clinics and other special interest clinics as appropriate to the skills/interests of the post holder and as agreed at annual Job
- GMC registration with a license to practice
- MRCPCH or equivalent
- Competent to work without direct supervision
- Training and experience in General Paediatrics (minimum 3 years at middle grade level)
- APLS or equivalent (within past 4 years)
- Training and experience in neonatology (minimum 1 year, of which 6 months in a level 3 unit)
- Up to date competence in practical skills in neonatology
- NLS or equivalent (within past 4 years)
- Training and experience in Community Paediatrics (6 months at ST4 level or equivalent)
- Training and experience in child safeguarding, with Level 3 safeguarding training in past 12 months
If you are interested and wish to receive more details about this post, please apply below and send your CV to Agnieszka Olbrys