Locum Consultant in Respiratory Medicine - Coventry
Client Name: University Hosp. Coventry & Warwickshire NHS Trust
Role: Locum Consultant in Respiratory Medicine
Rates: £100 - £120 per hour (PAYE)
Shifts: Full time, Monday to Friday
Location: University Hospital of Coventry
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and well-being and enable you to deliver outstanding care
- First sight of shifts across multiple NHS trusts
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated placement officer
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Hundreds of new shifts available every day
- Long term jobs and short shifts available
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 support - we're here when you need us
As a locum consultant in respiratory medicine, you will be applying your skills across both the acute respiratory medicine and general medicine fields to support patient demand throughout the hospital. Your skills, knowledge and experience are critical to the provision of patient care services throughout the hospital, especially for those with complex medical problems involving multiple symptoms and conditions.
Working flexible shifts at University Hosp. Coventry & Warwickshire NHS Trust, you will join the acute medical workforce on a locum basis, providing particular expertise in diagnostic reasoning and acute exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) while also being a pillar of clinical and educational support for junior doctors and trainees.
The University Hosp. Coventry & Warwickshire NHS Trust takes their contribution to medical development and advancement seriously. As a result, you will have access to some of the most advanced medical equipment in the country and unparalleled opportunities for specialism, research and academia throughout your consultancy.
As a locum Respiratory Consultant, you are critical for developing, improving, and expanding the general service and acute medical provision within admissions, out-patients and intensive care, at University Hosp. Coventry & Warwickshire NHS Trust. Here you will be working alongside a cohesive team of dynamic, motivated and progressive Consultants, all with their own specialities and interests, to play a vital role in improving care, flow and capacity.
As a locum Respiratory Consultant with University Hosp. Coventry & Warwickshire NHS Trustyou will:
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis and treatment options using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Coordinate treatment plans and prescribe various types of treatment.
- Provide constant monitoring and care for patients.
- Communicate with patients and the wider multidisciplinary team on shared patient decision making.
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
- Conduct research to help develop and test techniques and equipment that can improve procedures and outcomes
- Help teach and train other junior doctors and medical students and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Be a GMC registered Doctor (you do NOT need to be on the Specialist Register).
- Have relevant experience at Consultant level, or references to support your transition up to Consultant level.
- Hold evidence of stand-alone Right to Work in the UK (unfortunately locum jobs aren't able to offer visa sponsorship)
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check (DBS).
So, if you are an experienced Consultant with the determination to ensure the highest standards of care are provided to all, apply today and be a part of the outstanding team at University Hosp. Coventry & Warwickshire NHS Trust as a locum.