Client Name: Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation TrustRole: Locum Stroke Medicine ConsultantRates: £100-£120 per hourShifts: Monday to Friday 9-5Location: Fairfield Hospital BuryBenefits:Over 5,000 new job...
Client Name: Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust
Role: Locum Stroke Medicine Consultant
Rates: £100 - £120 per hour
Shifts: 08:45am - 17:45pm
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week.
- Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and well being and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
As a Consultant in Stroke Medicine, your skills, knowledge, and experience are critical to the successful acute care and rehabilitation provision at Wexham Park Hospital. Here you will be utilising a range of clinical skills including; cardiovascular disease, general and geriatric medicine, rehabilitation and palliative care, while being a pillar of clinical and educational support for junior doctors.
Working flexible shifts as a locum Consultant at Wexham Park Hospital, you will work to help patients adapt to the impact of their health problems following stroke and to manage their condition. You will be working closely with vascular surgeons and neurosurgeons, referring patients for surgery and increasingly with interventional neuroradiologists, referring patients for clot retrieval therapy.
The Wexham Park Hospital takes their contribution to medical development and advancement seriously, especially as stroke results in a range of debilitating symptoms and is the most common cause of death and disability in the UK, accounting for over 5% of NHS resources. As a result, you will have access to some of the most advanced medical equipment in the country and unparalleled opportunities for specialism, research and academia throughout your consultancy.
As a locum Stroke Medicine Consultant, you will be dedicated to imparting complex knowledge and championing skill enhancement throughout the departments, theatres and clinics. Leading by example, you will encourage uptake for the wide range of development and support packages available, supporting and mentoring your fellow healthcare professionals in their continuous professional development.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a Stroke Medicine Consultant, you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to teach, coach and mentor
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks and delegation
- Excellent timekeeping
- A pro-active approach to research and academia
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A dedication to improving and developing knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As a locum Stroke Medicine Consultant with Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust you will:
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis and treatment options using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Coordinate treatment plans and prescribe various types of treatment.
- Provide constant monitoring and care for patients.
- Communicate with patients and the wider multidisciplinary team on shared patient decision making.
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
- Help teach and train other junior doctors and medical students and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- MBChB (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or equivalent.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
- Full GMC Registration with a license to Practice
- Valid RTW in the UK
If you are looking for a locum consultancy role within a Trust that continuously strives to achieve excellence, apply today and be a critical part of their comprehensive trauma and orthopaedic surgery service.