Client Name: Harrogate And District NHS Foundation Trust
Role: Acute Medicine Consultant
Rates: £90-£110 per hour
Shifts: Tuesday to Friday 0800-1800
Location: Harrogate District Hospital
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week. Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and well being and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
Based at Harrogate District Hospital, you will get to use your expansive medical knowledge in any one of our openings for Acute Medicine Doctors. In this sustainable, challenging, yet rewarding role you will play an important part in helping patients who have suddenly and unexpectedly become unwell.
Many conditions you will have to deal with as an Acute Medicine Doctor will be serious, often life threatening and associated with severe symptoms requiring prompt action. It is a critical role but described as one of the most rewarding specialisms for those who choose it.
If you are ready to make a real difference, and save lives every day, apply for one of our Acute Medical Doctor vacancies today.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as an Acute Medicine Doctor, you will have:
- Expansive medical knowledge
- Good leadership skills
- Assertiveness and ability to clearly instruct others
- Ability to work at pace
- Quick thinker and goof under pressure
- Competent in problem-solving
- Good communication and listening skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- The ability to work as part of a wider team
- The ability to multitask and prioritise multiple seriously ill patients
- Stamina and resilience
- Good analytical and observation skills
- Caring, compassionate manner
- Good administrative ability
- Motivated and driven by helping others
- Commitment to ongoing development and/or research
As an Acute Medicine Doctor with Harrogate District Hospital you will:
- Act as a leader in an acute medicine department
- Manage and diagnose quick onset of symptoms in patients
- Carry out investigative procedures and testing as necessary
- Monitor patients' progress for the duration of their hospital admission
- Work closely with other departments to arrange appropriate assessment/treatment for patients
- Arrange after-care pathways and any follow up treatments following discharge
- Make quick decisions in urgent situations
- Provide reassurance and hope to patients and relatives - work to build relationships with those in your care for any length of time
- Liaise with families of critically ill patients - explain complicated conditions in simple terms
- Build excellent rapport with other medical professionals and teams
- Ensure you are up to date with the latest acute medicine best practice
- Take responsibility for your own ongoing professional development
- Act as a professional representative of your hospital/department
- Be a GMC registered Doctor.
- Hold evidence of stand-alone Right to Work in the UK (unfortunately locum jobs aren't able to offer visa sponsorship).
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
Acute physicians are some of the few senior medical professionals who benefit from working with patients consistently through all stages of their treatment; you will deal with them right from their initial admission, through treatment and subsequent discharge. So if you're ready to make a real difference, apply for one of our Acute Medical Doctor vacancies today.