Client Name: Betsi Cadwaladr University Health BoardRole: Acute Medicine Doctor Location: Ysbyty Gwynedd HospitalBenefits:Over 5,000 new job requests received every week. Approved supplier on every...
Client Name: Croydon Health Services NHS Trust
Role: Acute Medicine Doctor
Rates: £65 to £70 per hour
Shifts: Mainly 9-5 with a few long days
Location: Croydon University Hospital
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week. Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
Based at Croydon University Hospital, you will get to use your expansive medical knowledge in any one of our openings for Acute Medicine Doctors. In this sustainable, challenging, yet rewarding role you will play an important part in helping patients who have suddenly and unexpectedly become unwell.
To succeed as an acute physician, you will be driven by working on an acute medical unit and motivated by the wide range of clinical conditions you will encounter at Croydon University Hospital . Common procedures carried out by Acute Medicine Doctors include things like lumbar punctures and pleural aspiration, but you could need to lead on any form of urgent investigation or treatment required by the seriously ill patients in your care. This will include organising any necessary ongoing or follow up treatment after discharge as an in-patient.
Many conditions you will have to deal with as an Acute Medicine Doctor will be serious, often life threatening and associated with severe symptoms requiring prompt action. It is a critical role but described as one of the most rewarding specialisms for those who choose it.
If you are ready to make a real difference, and save lives every day, apply for one of our Acute Medical Doctor vacancies today.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as an Acute Medicine Doctor, you will have:
- Expansive medical knowledge
- Good leadership skills
- Assertiveness and ability to clearly instruct others
- Ability to work at pace
- Quick thinker and goof under pressure
- Competent in problem-solving
- Good communication and listening skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- The ability to work as part of a wider team
- The ability to multitask and prioritise multiple seriously ill patients
- Stamina and resilience
- Good analytical and observation skills
- Caring, compassionate manner
- Good administrative ability
- Motivated and driven by helping others
- Commitment to ongoing development and/or research
As an Acute Medicine Doctor with Croydon Health Services NHS Trust you will:
- Act as a leader in an acute medicine department
- Manage and diagnose quick onset of symptoms in patients
- Carry out investigative procedures and testing as necessary
- Monitor patients' progress for the duration of their hospital admission
- Work closely with other departments to arrange appropriate assessment/treatment for patients
- Arrange after-care pathways and any follow up treatments following discharge
- Make quick decisions in urgent situations
- Provide reassurance and hope to patients and relatives - work to build relationships with those in your care for any length of time
- Liaise with families of critically ill patients - explain complicated conditions in simple terms
- Build excellent rapport with other medical professionals and teams
- Ensure you are up to date with the latest acute medicine best practice
- Take responsibility for your own ongoing professional development
- Act as a professional representative of your hospital/department
- Be a GMC registered Doctor (you do NOT need to be on the Specialist Register).
- Have relevant experience at Consultant level, or references to support your transition up to Consultant level.
- Hold evidence of stand-alone Right to Work in the UK (unfortunately locum jobs aren't able to offer visa sponsorship).
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check (DBS).
If you are ready to work in a hospital that prides itself on the opportunities provided to staff and the care provided to patients, apply today, and enjoy access to hundreds of shifts, a dedicated Placement Officer and revalidation support.