Client Name: Weston General HospitalRole: A&E DoctorRates:Excellent rates of payWorking Hours: Full-TimeBenefits:Access to The Support Hub our support service to help support your mental health...
Client Name: University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust
Role: A&E Doctor
Shifts: Various shift available
Location: Birmingham Heartlands, Good Hope Hospital
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
- First sight of shifts across multiple NHS trusts
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated placement officer
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Hundreds of new shifts available every day
- Long term jobs and short shifts available
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service, we're available when you need us
Working flexible shifts at either Birmingham Heartlands or Good Hope Hospital, you will be based in an Accident and Emergency department, at the forefront of the action and working in a busy and demanding environment. In the role of A&E Doctor you will deal with members of the public who have been brought to hospital with traumatic injuries, acute illnesses or life-threatening conditions which need to be assessed and treated with urgency.
The very best A&E Doctors will be excellent at communicating and building rapport with an array of personalities and will be skilled in helping patients who are upset, traumatised, nervous, or distressed to remain calm and hopeful whilst in your care. You will rely on your superior communication skills to engage with and reassure patients that they are in great hands.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as an A&E Doctor, you will have:
- Good all-round medical knowledge
- Assertiveness and decisiveness
- Quick thinking
- Composed, particularly when under pressure
- The ability to keep others calm in challenging circumstances
- Good communication and listening skills
- The ability to work efficiently, effectively and as part of a team
- The ability to work within tight time constraints
- Good at prioritising differing patient needs
- Confident in giving instructions to others
- Empathy and a great 'bedside manner'
- Resilience, stamina, and the ability to work long shifts
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good administrative ability
- Great organisation skills
- Confidence to administer emergency and life-saving treatment
- A genuine passion for caring for others and changing lives
As an Accident & Emergency Doctor with University Hospital Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust you will:
- Examine and assess patients as they enter A&E
- Be able to make diagnoses confidently and accurately from a wide range of symptoms
- Prescribe appropriate courses of action for a wide range of conditions, diseases and injuries that require urgent medical attention
- Be an effective communicator to clearly correspond with other colleagues including medical, admin or other support staff
- Provide medical and emotional support to patients and those accompanying them to A&E
- Administer a wide scope of emergency procedures including pain relief, resuscitation, defibrillation, tracheostomy, blood tests, drug overdose treatments, and many more
- Arrange referrals to other departments or specialists as required
- Make decisions that maximise patient survival rates and aid recovery
- Take ownership of the cases in your care, but also know when to seek second opinions from other doctors/specialists
- Report patients you consider to be at risk to the appropriate authorities
- Promote health and wellbeing best practices
- Act as a professional representative of your hospital
- Remain up to date with the latest medical guidelines
- Be a registered Doctor
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
As an A&E Doctor your work with patients is normally short-term and whist you may not get to know your patients well, your ability to help people in their time of need means that they will often remember you and your support for a very long time. Apply today if you are ready to be in a key role that changes lives daily.