Client Name: Harrogate District Hospital part of Harrogate And District NHS Foundation TrustRole: Locum FY2 in Accident & Emergency MedicineRates: Excellent Rates of PayLocation: Harrogate,...
Client Name: Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Role: Locum Middle Grade A&E Doctor
Shifts: As per rota
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week. Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
Working flexible shifts at King's Mill Hospital, you will be based in an Accident and Emergency department, at the forefront of the action and working in a busy and demanding environment. In the role of locum A&E Doctor you will deal with members of the public who have been brought to hospital with traumatic injuries, acute illnesses or life-threatening conditions which need to be assessed and treated with urgency.
The very best A&E Doctors will be excellent at communicating and building rapport with an array of personalities and will be skilled in helping patients who are upset, traumatised, nervous, or distressed to remain calm and hopeful whilst in your care. You will rely on your superior communication skills to engage with and reassure patients that they are in great hands.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as an A&E Doctor, you will have:
- Good all-round medical knowledge
- Assertiveness and decisiveness
- Quick thinking
- Composed, particularly when under pressure
- The ability to keep others calm in challenging circumstances
- Good communication and listening skills
- The ability to work efficiently, effectively and as part of a team
- The ability to work within tight time constraints
- Good at prioritising differing patient needs
- Confident in giving instructions to others
- Empathy and a great 'bedside manner'
- Resilience, stamina, and the ability to work long shifts
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good administrative ability
- Great organisation skills
- Confidence to administer emergency and life-saving treatment
- A genuine passion for caring for others and changing lives
As an Accident & Emergency Doctor with Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust you will:
- Examine and assess patients as they enter A&E
- Be able to make diagnoses confidently and accurately from a wide range of symptoms
- Prescribe appropriate courses of action for a wide range of conditions, diseases and injuries that require urgent medical attention
- Be an effective communicator to clearly correspond with other colleagues including medical, admin or other support staff
- Provide medical and emotional support to patients and those accompanying them to A&E
- Administer a wide scope of emergency procedures including pain relief, resuscitation, defibrillation, tracheostomy, blood tests, drug overdose treatments, and many more
- Arrange referrals to other departments or specialists as required
- Make decisions that maximise patient survival rates and aid recovery
- Take ownership of the cases in your care, but also know when to seek second opinions from other doctors/specialists
- Report patients you consider to be at risk to the appropriate authorities
- Promote health and wellbeing best practices
- Act as a professional representative of your hospital
- Remain up to date with the latest medical guidelines
- Be a registered Doctor.
- Must have three months recent UK experience and two ED Consultant references.
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
- Must have ALS.
As an A&E Doctor your work with patients is normally short-term and whist you may not get to know your patients well, your ability to help people in their time of need means that they will often remember you and your support for a very long time. Apply today if you are ready to be in a key role that changes lives daily.