Client Name: East Cheshire NHS Trust
Role: Anaesthetics Consultant
Rates: £90-£110 per hour
Shifts: Monday to Friday 0800-1800
Location: Macclesfield District General Hospital
- First sight of shifts across multiple NHS trusts
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated placement officer
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Hundreds of new shifts available every day
- Long term jobs and short shifts available
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service, we're available when you need us
Are you an Anaesthetist who is dedicated to using your specialist skills in sedation to help a wide range of patients? From chronic pain management to intensive care, we have a number of Anaesthetics Doctor openings that could be ideal for you at the notable Macclesfield District General Hospital.
Working flexible shifts at Macclesfield District General Hospital you will be responsible for providing anaesthesia and associated treatments and will oversee pre-op procedures and testing, administering medication to prepare patients for surgery and reversing anaesthesia in instances where it has been used to facilitate operations.
You will also resuscitate critically ill individuals, provide pain relief for patients during childbirth, following surgical procedures and injuries, or for those suffering the symptoms of painful diseases or medical conditions. For an Anaesthetics Doctor, no two days are ever the same.
Working as part of a wider team of medical colleagues, you will devise plans for the most appropriate form of anaesthesia for patients. You will be a team player and a strong communicator with the ability to make effective decisions even when under immense pressure. Whilst a lot of anaesthetic procedures will be planned and routine, others will be emergencies and you will need to remain calm and focused throughout. Good analytical skills are important, and you will also benefit from having an excellent attention to detail.
You will be responsible for monitoring patients' wellbeing after administering anaesthesia, whether for the duration of their surgery, or as they recover from an operation or injury. You will be skilled in identifying when people need additional sedation or are not reacting well to anaesthesia. Excellent observation and listening skills will be key to ensuring the wellbeing of those in your care.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as an Anaesthetics Doctor, you will have:
- Excellent knowledge of the latest anaesthesia procedures and theory
- Assertiveness and decisiveness
- Good at thinking 'on the spot' and when under pressure
- Good communication and listening skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to multitask and prioritise multiple patients
- Stamina and the ability to work long shifts
- Good analytical skills
- Good observation skills
- Dedication to helping people
As an Anaesthetic Doctor with Macclesfield District General Hospital you will:
- Create anaesthesia plans for patients - from critically ill individuals to people managing pain related to health conditions, injuries, or childbirth
- Work with other medical professionals (i.e., doctors, surgeons, nurses) to plan the most appropriate anaesthesia procedures
- Administer anaesthetics to patients as required
- Reverse the effects of anaesthesia/sedation given
- Explain procedures to patients and offer reassurance where patients are anxious
- Monitor patients during surgery (i.e., heart rate, blood pressure, oxygen levels, etc.)
- Observe patients following treatment to ensure their recovery following an anaesthetic
- Make quick decisions in emergency situations
- Ensure you are up to date with the latest anaesthetics best practice and guidelines, keeping abreast of your own continuing development
- Act as a professional representative of your hospital/organisation
- MBBS or equivalent medical degree
- Full registration with the GMC
- Full Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- At least 2 years post-graduate experience.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
- Valid RTW in the UK
The position of Anaesthetics Doctor is challenging but equally as rewarding. You are responsible for helping patients in the preparation for, induction of, maintenance of and recovery from anaesthetics to feel as comfortable as possible. If you are ready to take the next step in your career as an Anaesthetics Doctor, apply today.