Client Name: Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS TrustRole: Band 5 A&E NurseRates: Upto £40.00Shifts: Flexible hours, with shifts available throughout the day, night and at...
Client Name: Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Role: Band 5 A&E Nurse
Rates Upto £47.00 per hour
Shifts: Flexible hours, with shifts available throughout the day, night and at weekends.
- Competitive pay rates
- First sight of agency nursing shifts across multiple trusts
- Next-day payroll
- Block bookings in your favourite locations
- Excellent support from your own dedicated consultant
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we're available when you need us
Working alongside a friendly, welcoming team of dedicated healthcare professionals, you will be using some of the most advanced medical equipment in the country to provide constant monitoring and care for patients in a seriously ill or unstable condition.
Your clinical knowledge and experience will help you to support seriously ill patients and their families throughout what can be a stressful and uncertain time. You will be carrying out essential tasks such as taking blood and undertaking patient observations for emergency admissions. Your calm, reassuring nature and empathy will help ensure patients feel safe in your hands.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a Band 5 A&E Nurse, you will have:
- quick thinking abilities
- patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- excellent attention to detail
- a methodical approach to tasks
- excellent timekeeping
- the ability to work well and under pressure
- empathy and understanding
- a flexible attitude
- a desire to learn and improve
- active listening skills
- the ability to use a computer competently
As a Band 5 A&E Nurse with Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, you will:
- Provide constant monitoring and care for patients in a seriously ill or unstable condition.
- Actively supporting emergency admissions and their families, communicating clinical information using a variety of methods, to ensure effective understanding.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- To recognise, review and report patients/clients' condition and any changes to it to senior members of staff within the multidisciplinary team.
- Responsible for adhering to the NMC professional Code of Conduct.
- Taking blood/fitting a canula, undertake patient observations (blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration rate and oxygen level) as patient need dictates throughout the shift.
- Treatment of resus patients and Triage
- Be a registered nurse.
- At least 2 years post-graduate experience.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
So, if you can combine empathy and understanding with fast-paced critical care, we want to hear from you. Apply today.