Client Name: Lancashire Teaching HospitalsRole: Dermatology ConsultantRates:Hourly/ FlexibleShifts: Flexible Location: Royal Preston HospitalBenefits:Over 5,000 new job requests received every week. Approved supplier on every NHS...
Client Name: Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust
Role: Consultant Dermatology
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week. Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
Working flexible shifts at Northampton General Hospital, you will enjoy close working relationships with child and adult patients to diagnose, investigate, treat, and manage skin, hair and nail complaints, providing the highest standards of care at all times.
Working alongside a friendly, multidisciplinary team of dedicated healthcare professionals, you will be using some of the most advanced medical equipment in the country to ensure the effective provision of modern dermatology services.
In your role as a Dermatology Consultant, you will need to use your excellent communication skills to actively listen to patients and clearly relay information and action plans. Helping patients understand their condition and treatment is a vital part of your work and can make a real difference to the patients' care experience.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a Dermatology Consultant you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks
- Excellent timekeeping
- The ability to work well and under pressure
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A desire to improve and develop knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As a Dermatology Consultant with Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust you will:
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis and treatment options using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Provide skin consultations, evaluating skin conditions and screening for skin disease.
- Perform non-invasive surgical procedures on the skin.
- Talk to patients about their skin health status and educate patients on lifestyle choices and other ways to improve their conditions.
- Administer treatments, monitoring outcomes and recommending changes in treatment plans when necessary.
- Refer patients to alternative specialists for treatments.
- Work closely with assistants and other team members to ensure that patients receive the highest standards of care.
- Prescribe appropriate medication or skin products as part of a treatment plan.
- Treat patients with respect and compassion and ensuring compliance with current medical regulations and ethics.
- Communicate with patients on shared patient decision making.
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Perform basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing dermatological information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
- Be a registered Doctor.
- Relevant NHS experience.
- At least two references covering the last three years.
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
If you are ready to provide optimised, individualised treatment options for patients in this Dermatology Consultant role, we can't wait to hear from you. Apply today.