Client Name: West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust
Role: Locum Dermatology Consultant
Rates: £105 - £125 per hour (PAYE)
Shifts: Full time, Monday to Friday
4 days a week adult dermatology, clinics, rapid access, tele dermatology
Location: West Suffolk Hospital
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and well-being and enable you to deliver outstanding care
- First sight of shifts across multiple NHS trusts
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated placement officer
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Hundreds of new shifts available every day
- Long term jobs and short shifts available
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 support - we're here when you need us
Working flexible shifts at West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust, you will enjoy close working relationships with child and adult patients to diagnose, investigate, treat, and manage skin, hair and nail complaints, providing the highest standards of care at all times.
Working alongside a friendly, multidisciplinary team of dedicated healthcare professionals, you will be using some of the most advanced medical equipment in the country to ensure the effective provision of modern dermatology services.
Your clinical knowledge and experience will help you support patients with various conditions, from an unseemly birthmark to a life-threatening disease. Your sensitive and understanding approach will help ensure patients feel safe in your hands as you work through their treatment options, discuss their fears, and answer their questions.
As Dermatology Doctor with West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust you will:
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis and treatment options using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Provide skin consultations, evaluating skin conditions and screening for skin disease.
- Perform non-invasive surgical procedures on the skin.
- Talk to patients about their skin health status and educate patients on lifestyle choices and other ways to improve their conditions.
- Administer treatments, monitoring outcomes and recommending changes in treatment plans when necessary.
- Refer patients to alternative specialists for treatments.
- Work closely with assistants and other team members to ensure that patients receive the highest standards of care.
- Prescribe appropriate medication or skin products as part of a treatment plan.
- Treat patients with respect and compassion and ensuring compliance with current medical regulations and ethics.
- Communicate with patients on shared patient decision making.
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Perform basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing dermatological information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
- Be a GMC registered Doctor (you do NOT need to be on the Specialist Register).
- Have relevant experience at Consultant level, or references to support your transition up to Consultant level.
- Hold evidence of stand-alone Right to Work in the UK (unfortunately locum jobs aren't able to offer visa sponsorship)
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check (DBS).
So, if you are an experienced Dermatology Doctor with the determination to ensure the highest standard of care is provided to all, apply today and be a part of the outstanding team at West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust.