Client Name: Betsi Cadwaladr University Health BoardRole: Locum Diabetes ConsultantRates: £90-£100Shifts: TBA Consultant in Diabetes, Endocrinology & General MedicineLocation: Ysbyty Maelor WrexhamBenefits:Over 5,000 new job...
Client Name: East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust
Role: Locum Diabetes Consultant
Shifts: 08:30-17:00 MON-FRI - OPTIONAL WEEKENDS
Location: Royal Blackburn Hospital
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week.
- Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
This position is ideal for a skilled Diabetologists who is looking for a locum consultancy post that provides very best opportunities for development, academia and practice.
As a locum consultant in diabetes, your skills, knowledge, and experience are critical to the provision of Endocrinology and Diabetes services throughout the hospital, particularly diagnostic, investigative, and holistic treatment.
Working flexible shifts at Royal Blackburn Hospital, you will enjoy close working relationships with your fellow healthcare professionals as you work to ensure the highest standards of care are provided to patients of all ages while being a pillar of clinical and educational support for junior Endocrinologists and Diabetologists.
The Royal Blackburn Hospital takes their contribution to medical development and advancement seriously. While diabetes is predominantly an outpatient specialty, a number of patients require hospital admission for complex investigations or the management of complications. As a result, to ensure you have the ability to do your best work, you will have access to some of the most advanced medical equipment in the country and unparalleled opportunities for specialism, research and academia throughout your consultancy.
As a locum Diabetes Consultant, you will be working alongside a cohesive team of dynamic, motivated and progressive healthcare professionals, all with their own critical subspecialty interests you will be running specialist clinics, carrying out common procedures and interventions, attending multidisciplinary meetings, conducting ward rounds and attending to administrative tasks.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a Diabetes Consultant, you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to teach, coach and mentor
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks and delegation
- Excellent timekeeping
- A pro-active approach to research and academia
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A dedication to improving and developing knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As a locum Diabetes Consultant with East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust you will:
- Provide diagnosis, screening, treatment, preoperative, operative, and postoperative management of patient care.
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis and treatment options using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Coordinate treatment plans and prescribe various types of treatment.
- Provide constant monitoring and care for patients.
- Communicate with patients and the wider multidisciplinary team on shared patient decision making.
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
- Conduct research to help develop and test surgical techniques and equipment that can improve operating procedures and outcomes
- Help teach and train other junior doctors and medical students and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- MBChB (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or equivalent.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
- Be a GMC registered Doctor (you do NOT need to be on the Specialist Register).
- Have relevant experience at Consultant level, or references to support your transition up to Consultant level.
- Hold evidence of stand-alone Right to Work in the UK (unfortunately locum jobs aren't able to offer visa sponsorship).
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check (DBS).
If you can demonstrate a commitment to quality service improvement, patient safety, medical education and research and development, you are precisely the type of locum Consultant East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust are looking for. Apply today.