Client Name: Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Role: Locum Gastroenterology Consultant
Rates: £90-£120 per hour. PAYE only
Details: Owing to a significant fluctuation in Gastro & Endo demand the following is only an example and is not the exact time table. The clinics will either consist of generic follow up patients. who have been seen by Consultants, including previous Locums, and/or, new patients and fast track (2WW) patients. Clinics consist of approx. 12 patients.
There will be a significant amount of admin/results to be reviewed that have been requested by previous Locums, as several of our Consultant roles have not had a substantive Consultant in post for the last 2 years or more following the retirement of 3 of our colleagues.
2WW OPC AM / Admin PM
OPC AM / Endoscopy PM
Admin AM / Electronic referral triage PM
OPC AM / Radiology MDT / Admin PM
Endoscopy AM / MDT & CA + SPA PM
There would be 3 clinics a week, and therefore 3 admin sessions.
There will be an average of 1-2 scopes lists a week +/- an IP list.
There is a 1:6 ward cover/GIB on-call (9am Monday, to 9am Monday). 5pm-9am @ 50% hourly rate, as if the norm.
Location: Blackpool, Lancashire
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and well-being and enable you to deliver outstanding care
- First sight of jobs across multiple NHS trusts
- A dedicated Recruitment Consultant
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Long term jobs and short shifts available
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 support - we're here when you need us
As a Consultant in Gastroenterology, your skills, knowledge, and experience are critical to the provision of Endoscopy services throughout the hospital, particularly diagnostic, therapeutic, and screening endoscopy.
Working flexibly at Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, you will enjoy close working relationships with your fellow healthcare professionals as you work to ensure the highest standards of care are provided to patients of all ages while being a pillar of clinical and educational support for junior Gastroenterologists.
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust takes their contribution to medical development and advancement seriously. As a result, you will have access to some of the most advanced medical equipment in the country and unparalleled opportunities for specialism, research and academia throughout your consultancy.
In your role as a Consultant, great reliance is placed upon your ability to demonstrate how critical specialist skills and communication combine to ensure a patient's care experience is the best it can be. Your calm, reassuring nature combined with your wealth of knowledge and expertise will help ensure patients feel safe in your hands.
As a Gastroenterology Consultant with Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust you will:
- Provide diagnosis, screening, treatment, preoperative, operative, and postoperative management of patient care.
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis and treatment options using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Coordinate treatment plans and prescribe various types of treatment.
- Provide constant monitoring and care for patients.
- Communicate with patients and the wider multidisciplinary team on shared patient decision making.
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
- Conduct research to help develop and test surgical techniques and equipment that can improve operating procedures and outcomes
- Help teach and train other junior doctors and medical students and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Be a GMC registered Doctor (you do NOT need to be on the Specialist Register).
- Have relevant experience at Consultant level, or references to support your transition up to Consultant level.
- Hold evidence of stand-alone Right to Work in the UK (unfortunately locum jobs aren't able to offer visa sponsorship).
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check (DBS).
So, if you are dedicated to achieving the very best outcomes for patients by combining skill and expertise with your ability to teach, coach and mentor junior medical staff, we want to hear from you. Apply today.