Locum Gastroenterology Consultant - North Wales
Client Name: Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
Role: Locum Gastroenterology Consultant
Rates: £100-£120 per hour. PAYE only
Shifts: Mon-Fri. Part time considered. job plan will be a mixture of clinics, endoscopy sessions and ward work. On calls negotiable
Location: Rhyl, North Wales
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week. Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short adhoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and well-being and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
As a consultant in gastroenterology, your skills, knowledge, and experience are critical to the provision of Endoscopy services throughout the hospital, particularly diagnostic, therapeutic, and screening endoscopy.
Working flexible shifts at Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board, you will enjoy close working relationships with your fellow healthcare professionals as you work to ensure the highest standards of care are provided to patients of all ages while being a pillar of clinical and educational support for junior Gastroenterologists.
The Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board takes their contribution to medical development and advancement seriously. As a result, you will have access to some of the most advanced medical equipment in the country and unparalleled opportunities for specialism, research and academia throughout your consultancy.
As a Gastroenterology Consultant, you will be dedicated to imparting complex knowledge and championing skill enhancement throughout the hospital. Leading by example, you will encourage uptake for the wide range of development and support packages available, supporting and mentoring your fellow healthcare professionals in their continuous professional development.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a Gastroenterology Consultant, you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to teach, coach and mentor
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks and delegation
- Excellent timekeeping
- A pro-active approach to research and academia
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A dedication to improving and developing knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As a Gastroenterology Consultant with Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board you will:
- Provide diagnosis, screening, treatment, preoperative, operative, and postoperative management of patient care.
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis and treatment options using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Coordinate treatment plans and prescribe various types of treatment.
- Provide constant monitoring and care for patients.
- Communicate with patients and the wider multidisciplinary team on shared patient decision making.
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
- Conduct research to help develop and test surgical techniques and equipment that can improve operating procedures and outcomes
- Help teach and train other junior doctors and medical students and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or equivalent.
- Relevant experience at Consultant level, or references to support a step up from SpR level
- Full GMC registration - you DON'T need to be on the Specialist Register
- Standalone right to work in the UK (unfortunately locum jobs can't offer visa sponsorship)
If you are looking for a consultancy role within a Trust that continuously strives to achieve excellence and embody its core values, apply today and be a part of something unique.