Locum Consultant Hepatologist - Swindon
Client Name: Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Role: Locum Consultant Gastroenterologist
Rates: £100-£120 per hour dependant on experience. Inside IR35
Shifts: Mon-Fri 0900-1700 + 1:7 on calls. Mixture of Clinics, Endoscopies (including IP lists) and MDT/Admin. Every 14 weeks, 2 weeks on ward.
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and well-being and enable you to deliver outstanding care
- First sight of shifts across multiple NHS trusts
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated placement officer
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Hundreds of new shifts available every day
- Long term jobs and short shifts available
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 support - we're here when you need us
As a Consultant in Gastroenterology, your skills, knowledge, and experience are critical to the provision of Endoscopy services throughout the hospital, particularly diagnostic, therapeutic, and screening endoscopy.
Working flexible shifts at Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, you will enjoy close working relationships with your fellow healthcare professionals as you work to ensure the highest standards of care are provided to patients of all ages while being a pillar of clinical and educational support for junior Gastroenterologists.
The Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust takes their contribution to medical development and advancement seriously. As a result, you will have access to some of the most advanced medical equipment in the country and unparalleled opportunities for specialism, research and academia throughout your consultancy.
As a Gastroenterology Consultant, you will be fundamental in developing, improving, and expanding the Enterology provision within Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Working alongside a cohesive team of dynamic, motivated, and progressive healthcare professionals, all with their own critical subspecialty interests you will be running specialist gastrointestinal clinics, carrying out endoscopies, attending multidisciplinary meetings, conducting ward rounds, attending to administrative tasks, and admitting new patients.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a Gastroenterology Consultant, you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to teach, coach and mentor
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks and delegation
- Excellent timekeeping
- A pro-active approach to research and academia
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A dedication to improving and developing knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As a Gastroenterology Consultant with Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust you will:
- Provide diagnosis, screening, treatment, preoperative, operative, and postoperative management of patient care.
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis and treatment options using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Coordinate treatment plans and prescribe various types of treatment.
- Provide constant monitoring and care for patients.
- Communicate with patients and the wider multidisciplinary team on shared patient decision making.
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
- Conduct research to help develop and test surgical techniques and equipment that can improve operating procedures and outcomes
- Help teach and train other junior doctors and medical students and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Be a GMC registered Doctor (you do NOT need to be on the Specialist Register).
- Have relevant experience at Consultant level, or references to support your transition up to Consultant level.
- Hold evidence of stand-alone Right to Work in the UK (unfortunately locum jobs aren't able to offer visa sponsorship).
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check (DBS).
If you can demonstrate a commitment to quality service improvement, patient safety, medical education and research and development, you are precisely the type of Consultant Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust are looking for. Apply today.