Client Name: Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust
Role: Locum Consultant Gastroenterologist
Rates: £110-£140 per hour. Inside IR35 only
Details: Part time, 3 days per week.
6 month locum/agency cover for endoscopy. We are looking for a Gastroenterologist to cover 3 days a week 7.8 PAs). However, the department is flexible on what hours are worked depending on what the locum's availability is. If the candidates have an interest in Bowel Cancer Screening work we could possibly offer 1 list per week, the rest is covering endoscopy lists. We have a mixture of Medical & Surgical endoscopists on the ward.
Location: Barnstaple, North Devon
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and well-being and enable you to deliver outstanding care
- First sight of jobs across multiple NHS trusts
- A dedicated Recruitment Consultant
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Long term jobs and short shifts available
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 support - we're here when you need us
As a Consultant in Gastroenterology, your skills, knowledge, and experience are critical to the provision of Endoscopy services throughout the hospital, particularly diagnostic, therapeutic, and screening endoscopy.
Working flexibly at Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust, you will enjoy close working relationships with your fellow healthcare professionals as you work to ensure the highest standards of care are provided to patients of all ages while being a pillar of clinical and educational support for junior Gastroenterologists.
Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust takes their contribution to medical development and advancement seriously. As a result, you will have access to some of the most advanced medical equipment in the country and unparalleled opportunities for specialism, research and academia throughout your consultancy.
In your role as a Consultant, great reliance is placed upon your ability to demonstrate how critical specialist skills and communication combine to ensure a patient's care experience is the best it can be. Your calm, reassuring nature combined with your wealth of knowledge and expertise will help ensure patients feel safe in your hands.
As a Gastroenterology Consultant with Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust you will:
- Provide diagnosis, screening, treatment, preoperative, operative, and postoperative management of patient care.
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis and treatment options using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Coordinate treatment plans and prescribe various types of treatment.
- Provide constant monitoring and care for patients.
- Communicate with patients and the wider multidisciplinary team on shared patient decision making.
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
- Conduct research to help develop and test surgical techniques and equipment that can improve operating procedures and outcomes
- Help teach and train other junior doctors and medical students and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Be a GMC registered Doctor (you do NOT need to be on the Specialist Register).
- Have relevant experience at Consultant level, or references to support your transition up to Consultant level.
- Hold evidence of stand-alone Right to Work in the UK (unfortunately locum jobs aren't able to offer visa sponsorship).
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check (DBS).
So, if you are dedicated to achieving the very best outcomes for patients by combining skill and expertise with your ability to teach, coach and mentor junior medical staff, we want to hear from you. Apply today.