Client Name: University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust
Role: Clinical Genetics Specialist/Consultant
Rates: £100-£130ph, dependant on experience. Inside IR35 only
Shifts: 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday. Full or part time (as long as consistent days) considered, Bristol site including St Micheal's Hospital and Bristol Royal Infirmary, Duty rota for urgent referrals within Monday-Friday
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week. Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short adhoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and well being and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
As a consultant in Clinical Genetics, your skills, knowledge and experience are critical to the provision of patient care services throughout the hospital, especially for those with complex medical problems involving multiple symptoms and conditions.
Working flexibly at University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust, you will join the acute medical workforce, providing specialist expertise in diagnostic reasoning and co-morbidities while also being a pillar of clinical and educational support for junior doctors and trainees.
The University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust takes their contribution to medical development and advancement seriously. As a result, you will have access to some of the most advanced medical equipment in the country and unparalleled opportunities for specialism, research, and academia throughout your consultancy.
As a Clinical Genetics Specialist / Consultant, you are critical for developing, improving, and expanding the Clinical Genetics provision within University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust. Here you will be working alongside a cohesive team of dynamic, motivated, and progressive Consultants, all with their own specialities and interests, to reinvigorate Clinical Genetics as a speciality and play a vital role in improving flow and capacity.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as Clinical Genetics Specialist / Consultant, you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to teach, coach and mentor
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks and delegation
- Excellent timekeeping
- A pro-active approach to research and academia
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A dedication to improving and developing knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As a Clinical Genetics Consultant with University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust you will:
Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis and treatment options using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
- You will not prescribe medicines or perform surgery. Your focus will be to accurately diagnose and manage a person's genetic disorder, and the impact of it on their loved ones.
- Communicate with patients and the wider multidisciplinary team on shared patient decision making.
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, providing information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
- Help teach and train other junior doctors and medical students and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- MBChB (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or equivalent.
- Full GMC registration
- Standalone 'Right to Work' (British passport/visa/work permit) - agency locum jobs can't offer visa sponsorship
If you can demonstrate a commitment to quality improvement, patient safety, medical education and research and development, you are precisely the type of Consultant University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust are looking for. Apply today.