A role at North Durham hospital specialising in Diabetes who would be interested in three months general medicine ward work? 10 Pas per week....
Client Name: Cwm Taf Health Board
Role: General Internal Medicine Consultant
Location: Royal Glamorgan Hospital
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week. Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
As a consultant in General Internal Medicine (GIM), your skills, knowledge and experience are critical to the provision of patient care services throughout the hospital, especially for those with complex medical problems involving multiple symptoms and conditions.
Working flexible shifts at Royal Glamorgan Hospital, you will join the acute medical workforce, providing specialist expertise in diagnostic reasoning and co-morbidities while also being a pillar of clinical and educational support for junior doctors and trainees.
The Royal Glamorgan Hospital takes their contribution to medical development and advancement seriously. As a result, you will have access to some of the most advanced medical equipment in the country and unparalleled opportunities for specialism, research, and academia throughout your consultancy.
As a General Medicine Consultant, you are critical for developing, improving, and expanding the General Internal Medicine provision within Cwm Taf Health Board. Here you will be working alongside a cohesive team of dynamic, motivated, and progressive Consultants, all with their own specialities and interests, to reinvigorate General Internal Medicine as a speciality and play a vital role in improving flow and capacity.
In your role as a Consultant, great reliance is placed upon your ability to demonstrate how critical specialist skills and communication combine, to ensure a patient's care experience is the very best it can be. Your calm, reassuring nature combined with your wealth of knowledge and expertise will help ensure patients feel safe in your hands
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as General Medicine Consultant, you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to teach, coach and mentor
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks and delegation
- Excellent timekeeping
- A pro-active approach to research and academia
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A dedication to improving and developing knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As a General Medicine Consultant with Cwm Taf Health Board you will:
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis and treatment options using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Coordinate treatment plans and prescribe various types of treatment.
- Provide constant monitoring and care for patients.
- Communicate with patients and the wider multidisciplinary team on shared patient decision making.
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
- Conduct research to help develop and test surgical techniques and equipment that can improve operating procedures and outcomes
- Help teach and train other junior doctors and medical students and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- MBChB (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or equivalent.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
- Be a GMC registered Doctor (you do NOT need to be on the Specialist Register).
- Have relevant experience at Consultant level, or references to support your transition up to Consultant level.
- Hold evidence of stand-alone Right to Work in the UK (unfortunately locum jobs aren't able to offer visa sponsorship).
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check (DBS).
If you are looking for a consultancy role within a Trust that continuously strives to achieve excellence and embody its
So, if you are dedicated to achieving the very best outcomes for patients by combining skill and expertise with your ability to teach, coach and mentor junior medical staff, we want to hear from you. Apply today.