Client Name: NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde Role: General Medicine Doctor, FY2, ST1 and ST2 rolesFlexible Options: Full-time short term, Full-time long term, adhoc evening,...
Client Name: County Durham & Darlington NHS FT
Role: General Medicine Doctor
Shifts: Flexible Options: Full-time short term, Full-time long term, adhoc evening, overnight or weekend. We have a role to suit you
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week. Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and well-being and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
As a General Medicine Doctor at County Durham & Darlington NHS FT, you will be responsible for patients of all ages and genders. You may have a specialism, however in this role, you will diagnose and treat a whole range of common diseases, injuries, and conditions. You will carry out tests and be able to interpret test results, offer preventative care, and make recommendations to patients that encourage a healthy lifestyle and well-being best practice. Dealing with both acute and long-term issues you will also make referrals to hospital consultants or other medical specialists as required.
The role of a General Medicine Doctor is sometimes complicated, often involving the management of multiple health problems in an individual at once. You will however get to know many of your patients well and providing them with solutions for improved health, well-being and independence can be extremely rewarding.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a General Medicine Doctor, you will have:
- First class communication skills with different groups - ages, abilities, levels of seniority
- A good bedside manner, empathy and the ability to listen carefully to patients
- Excellent time management skills
- The ability to multitask and prioritise tasks
- Strong organisation skills
- The ability to work under pressure, to time constraints and in medical emergencies
- Ability to display resilience and stamina
- Excellent team working skills
- Decisiveness and ability to take ownership for decisions
As a General Medicine Doctor with County Durham & Darlington NHS FT you will:
- Deal with queries face-to-face, over the phone or on email
- Be a source of medical and emotional support to patients
- Have the ability and knowledge to assess patients and provide accurate diagnoses
- Deliver bespoke, effective treatment plans
- Forge excellent relationships with team members (admin staff, support staff and medical colleagues)
- Communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues and patients
- Complete all aspects of administration associated with your role
- Take ownership of the cases in your care, but also seeking second opinions/advice from peers when required
- Escalate any major physical, mental, or social concerns you may have about patients to the relevant establishment/authority
- Full registration with the GMC
- A full Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- Previous General Medicine experience would be beneficial but other specialist areas will be considered
- At least 2 years post-graduate experience.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
So, if you are an experienced General Medicine Doctor, with the determination to ensure the highest standards of care are provided to all, apply today and be a part of the outstanding team at County Durham & Darlington NHS FT.