Client Name: NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde Role: General Medicine Doctor, FY2, ST1 and ST2 rolesFlexible Options: Full-time short term, Full-time long term, adhoc evening,...
Client Name: Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Role: General Medicine Doctor
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and well-being and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
- First sight of shifts across multiple NHS trusts
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated placement officer
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Hundreds of new shifts available every day
- Long term jobs and short shifts available
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service, we're available when you need us
As a General Medicine Doctor at Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust you will be responsible for patients of all ages and genders. You may have a specialism, however in this role, you will diagnose and treat a whole range of common diseases, injuries, and conditions. You will carry out tests and be able to interpret test results, offer preventative care, and make recommendations to patients that encourage a healthy lifestyle and well-being best practice. Dealing with both acute and long-term issues you will also make referrals to hospital consultants or other medical specialists as required.
As a General Medicine Doctor with Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust you will:
- Be the first point of contact for members of the public with medical concerns
- Deal with queries face-to-face, over the phone or on email
- Be a source of medical and emotional support to patients
- Have the ability and knowledge to assess patients and provide accurate diagnoses
- Deliver bespoke, effective treatment plans
- Forge excellent relationships with team members (admin staff, support staff and medical colleagues)
- Communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues and patients
- Complete all aspects of administration associated with your role
- Take ownership of the cases in your care, but also seeking second opinions/advice from peers when required
- Escalate any major physical, mental, or social concerns you may have about patients to the relevant establishment/authority
- Promote health and well-being best practices
- Act as a professional representative of your practice
- Remain up to date with the latest medical guidelines
- MBBS or equivalent medical degree
- Full registration with the GMC
- A full Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- Previous General Medicine experience would be beneficial but other specialist areas will be considered
- At least 2 years post-graduate experience.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
If you can remain calm when under pressure and show resilience when working with disgruntled or difficult patients, or when encountering highly pressured situations such as medical emergencies, then a job as a General Medicine Doctor could be for you. Apply today to work with Medacs Healthcare.