Client Name: Betsi Cadwaladr University Health BoardRole: General Medicine DoctorRates: £100-£120 per hourShifts: Full time 10 sessions. Job plan includes 5x ward rounds, 1xSPA, 2x...
Client Name: Cwm Taf Health Board
Role: Geriatric Doctor
Rates: £100-£120 per hour
Shifts: Mon to Fri 9-5 pm. Possible on calls.
Location: Prince Charles Hospital
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week. Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
Cwm Taf Health Board is recruiting for a skilled and experienced Geriatric Doctor dedicated to promoting better health in old age and ensuring the highest standards of care.
Working flexible shifts at Prince Charles Hospital , you will be working alongside a friendly, multidisciplinary team of dedicated healthcare professionals. You will be combining the use of some of the most advanced medical equipment in the country with a holistic approach to acute investigation and management together with subsequent rehabilitation and discharge planning.
Utilising your specialist knowledge and compassionate approach to care, you will provide comprehensive medical care to older people, who may have several medical conditions and are often taking multiple medications.
As a specialist in the field of Geriatrics, continuous skill development and expansion of knowledge is essential. You will have access to a wide range of development and support packages to ensure you progress your skills and specialities at every opportunity.
Your clinical knowledge and experience will help you support senior patients and patients who have multiple chronic conditions. Ageing presents unique physical, cognitive, emotional, and social challenges, so providing education about staying active, connected, and healthy is paramount. Your calm, reassuring nature and superior communication skills will help ensure patients feel safe in your hands as you work through their treatment options, discuss their fears, and answer their questions.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as Geriatric Doctor, you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and compassion
- The ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks
- Excellent timekeeping
- The ability to work well and under pressure
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A desire to improve and develop knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As a Geriatric Doctor with Cwm Taf Health Board you will:
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Provide constant monitoring and care for patients in seriously ill or unstable conditions.
- Create care plans and monitoring treatment plans taking all aspects of lifestyle and wider familial support systems into account.
- Review and manage all medications.
- Coordinate care with other health providers.
- Communicate with patients on shared patient decision making.
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing information to patients.
- Provide palliative and end-of-life care.
- Be a GMC registered Doctor (you do NOT need to be on the Specialist Register).
- Have relevant experience at Consultant level, or references to support your transition up to Consultant level.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
- Hold evidence of stand-alone Right to Work in the UK (unfortunately locum jobs aren't able to offer visa sponsorship).
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check (DBS).
If you are ready to provide optimised, individualised treatment options for patients in this Geriatric Doctor role, we can't wait to hear from you. Apply today.