Client Name: United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust
Role: Haematology Consultant
Rates: £100 - £120 Per Hour (PAYE)
Shifts: 09:00am - 17:00pm, Monday to Friday + 1:7 On Calls
Monday - AM - Ward round 09:30-10:30 plus physical ward round week 1, Clinic 10:30-13:00 PM - Myeloid MDT 13:30-14:30, Admin 14:30-17:30Tuesday - AM - Advice and Guidance 09:00-10:00, Clinic 10:00-12:00, Admin 12:00-14:00PM - Clinic 14:00-17:00Wednesday - AM - NUH Haemophilla MDT 09:00-10:00, Advice and Guidance / e-referals / Grading 10:00-13:00PM - Clinic - 13:00-17:00Thursday - AM - Advice and Guidance 09:00-10:00, Admin 10:00-14:00PM - Clinic - 14:00-17:00Friday - AM - Ward round 09:30-10:30 plus physical ward round week 1, Clinic 10:30-13:30PM - Clinic 14:00-16:30, Admin 16:30-17:30. Accommodation subject to availability
Location: Pilgrim Hospital
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and well-being and enable you to deliver outstanding care
- First sight of shifts across multiple NHS trusts
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated placement officer
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Hundreds of new shifts available every day
- Long term jobs and short shifts available
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 support - we're here when you need us
Working flexible shifts at United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust, you will enjoy close working relationships with your fellow healthcare professionals as you work to ensure the highest standards of care are provided to patients of all ages with both benign and malignant conditions while being a pillar of clinical and educational support for junior Haematologists.
The United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust take their contribution to medical development and advancement of all aspects of haematology, both clinical and laboratory, seriously. As a result, you will have access to some of the most advanced medical equipment in the country and unparalleled opportunities for specialism, research, and academia throughout your consultancy.
As a Haematology Consultant, you will be dividing your time between the ward, outpatient clinic and the laboratory, frequently attending other speciality areas including high dependency and intensive care units. Working alongside a cohesive team of dynamic, motivated, and progressive consultants, all with their own critical subspecialty interests you will provide an advisory and consultancy service to all hospital specialists and general practitioners.
As a Haematology Consultant with United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust you will:
- Provide diagnosis, screening, treatment, preoperative, operative, and postoperative management of patient care.
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis and treatment options using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Coordinate treatment plans and prescribe various types of treatment.
- Provide constant monitoring and care for patients.
- Communicate with patients and the wider multidisciplinary team on shared patient decision making.
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
- Conduct research to help develop and test techniques and equipment that can improve procedures and outcomes.
- Help teach and train other junior doctors and medical students and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Be a GMC registered Doctor (you do NOT need to be on the Specialist Register).
- Have relevant experience at Consultant level, or references to support your transition up to Consultant level.
- Hold evidence of stand-alone Right to Work in the UK (unfortunately locum jobs aren't able to offer visa sponsorship)
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check (DBS).
If you can demonstrate a commitment to the diagnosis and management of patients as well as education, research and development into the control and prevention of infection, you are precisely the type of Consultant United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust are looking for. Apply today.