Client Name: Midlands Partnership NHS FT Role: Band 2 Mental Health Care Assistant (UK experience required) Rates: £10.25 £23.46 per hour Shifts: Flexible...
Client Name:St Georges Hospital Stafford
Role: Healthcare Support worker
Rates: £10.25 -£23.66 per hour
Shifts: Various day shifts
- First sight of shifts across multiple NHS trusts
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated placement officer
- Hundreds of new shifts available every day
- Block booked days and short shifts available
- £50 referral scheme
- 24/7/365 support - we're here when you need us
Working flexible shifts on various wards throughout St Georges, you will provide much-needed care and support to people when they are feeling unwell, vulnerable, and unsure. A significant reliance is placed on the vital care you will provide to ensure a patients care experience is the very best it can be.
The very best Healthcare Assistants are individuals who show empathy, patience, consideration, passion, and dedication. You don't need to have any previous experience in care; your personality is so much more important in a role like this.
Healthcare Assistant opportunities are diverse and provide a wide range of career opportunities regardless of your experience level, full training and support will be provided at every stage of your career to ensure you have the skills needed for the role.
This is an ideal role if you want to progress your career around your family and home commitments. Working and driving your career forwards alongside other responsibilities is no easy task, but with flexible shifts and excellent career prospects, this is a perfect way to achieve your goals.
Culture and inclusion
As a valued healthcare professional, your happiness is essential. To make sure your time dedicated to helping others is the very best experience it can be, the St Georges Hospital provide [Dedicated parking, staff canteen].
As a mental health supports worker, your cheerful and friendly personality will go a long way, as will your kind words of support and encouragement. Providing vital care and support to people when they need it most really draws upon your natural, personal skills such as empathy, patience, consideration, and passion much more than your academic expertise.
As a Mental health suport worker, you will play an essential part in so many people's lives. This is a role where you can see the impact of your work daily, with the sense of achievement and satisfaction that comes with making a real difference.
General key skills
As a mental health support worker , you will have:
- Empathy and understanding
- Compassion and a caring nature
- A warm and friendly personality
- A passion for good conversation
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks
- Excellent timekeeping
- The ability to work well and under pressure
- A flexible attitude
- A desire to improve and develop knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As a HCA, your duties could include:
- days out with service users with qualified staff
- assisting nurses with day to day care
- observations 1-2-1
- serving meals and helping to feed patients
- helping people to move around and feel more comfortable
- monitoring patients conditions by taking temperatures, pulse, respiration, and weight
- encouraging the mental state of the service user to develop
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
- 6 months working in a NHS setting ideally mental health facility
- References that cover the last two years. They can be either employment, professional
Culture and inclusion
So, if you believe you have what it takes to be a Mental health support worker, we want to hear from you. Apply today
Development and opportunities
If you are looking for a role that will fit around your home life and provide opportunities to build a rewarding career in care, apply today and be a part of something amazing.
A business with a future
If you are ready to play an essential part in so many people's lives and deliver outstanding care to service users, we can't wait to hear from you. Apply today
If you have a passion for good conversation and a warm and friendly demeanour, then you're ready for a role in care. Apply today.
So, if you can combine empathy and understanding with practical hands-on patient care, we want to hear from you. Apply today.