Client Name: Ashford and St Peters NHS Foundation TrustRole: Healthcare AssistantRates: Up to £24.59 per hour Shifts: Various shift: earlies, lates, long days some...
Client Name: Oxford Health
Role: Healthcare Assistant
Rates: Up to £24.50 per hour
Shifts: Various shift: earlies, lates, long days some nights
- First sight of shifts across multiple NHS trusts
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated placement officer
- Hundreds of new shifts available every day
- Block booked days and short shifts available
- £50 referral scheme
- 24/7/365 support - we're here when you need us
Working flexible shifts on various wards, you will provide much-needed care and support to people when they are feeling unwell, vulnerable, and unsure. A significant reliance is placed on the vital care you will provide to ensure a patients care experience is the very best it can be.
The very best Healthcare Assistants are individuals who show empathy, patience, consideration, passion, and dedication. You don't need to have any previous experience in care; your personality is so much more important in a role like this.
As a Healthcare Assistant, you will play an essential part in so many people's lives. This is a role where you can see the impact of your work daily, with the sense of achievement and satisfaction that comes with making a real difference.
General key skills
As a Healthcare Assistant, you will have:
- Empathy and understanding
- Compassion and a caring nature
- A warm and friendly personality
- A passion for good conversation
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks
- Excellent timekeeping
- The ability to work well and under pressure
- A flexible attitude
- A desire to improve and develop knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As a HCA, your duties could include:
- Assisting nurses with day to day care
- Observations 1-2-1
- Serving meals and helping to feed patients
- Helping people to move around and feel more comfortable
- Monitoring patients conditions by taking temperatures, pulse, respiration, and weight
- Encouraging the mental state of the service user to develop
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
- 6 months working in an NHS setting ideally mental health facility
- References that cover the last two years
So, if you can combine empathy and understanding with practical hands-on patient care, we want to hear from you. Apply today.