Branch Name: LondonRole: Care WorkerRates: 10.85 11.00 per hourShifts: P/T and F/T Shifts available Location: Hounslow Benefits:Access to Care4Carers our support service to help support...
Branch Name: London
Role: Care Worker
Rates: Upto 11.00 per hour +0.90 towards travel exp
Shifts: Part-Time and Full-Time Shifts Available
Location: Hammersmith Area
- Access to Care4Carers - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
- Access to Care Friends - gain points every time you refer a like-minded friend or family member.
- Fully supported training - Our Homecare team will provide full training for the role. You'll attend one of our assessment centres and be shadowed by some of our most experienced care workers so that you can gain first-hand experience of the role.
- Control - Take control of your career with flexible or contracted hours with regular service users.
- On-going support and development - grow your career with Medacs Healthcare with our career paths.
- Travel pay* - Available in some locations.
- Holiday pay
- Free DBS
We are looking for individuals who show empathy, patience, consideration, passion and dedication. You don't need to have any previous experience in home care; your personality is so much more important in a role like this. Homecare opportunities are diverse and provide a wide range of career opportunities regardless of your experience level, full training and support will be provided at every stage of your career to ensure you have the skills needed for the role.
This is an ideal role if you want to progress your career around your family and home commitments. Working and driving your career forwards alongside other responsibilities is no easy task, but with flexible shifts and excellent career prospects, this is a perfect way to achieve your goals.
Development and opportunities
As a new Care Worker, you will be supported to complete the Care Certificate within the first 12 weeks of your employment. You will also have a dedicated Care Coordinator who will support you in scheduling your work and maximising opportunities for career development should you wish to climb the homecare ladder.
General key skills
As a Care Worker, you will have:
- Empathy and understanding
- Compassion and a caring nature
- A warm and friendly personality
- A passion for good conversation
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks
- Excellent timekeeping
- The ability to work well and under pressure
- A flexible attitude
- A desire to improve and develop knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As a Homecare Care Worker your duties could include:
- Regular duties of meal preparation, medication assistance, laundry and cleaning, bathing, grooming and toileting.
- Preventing loneliness and isolation through listening, understanding and interacting, providing companionship and conversation.
- Promoting dignity and independence with encouragement and assistance
- Encouragement and gentle persuasions towards better health, such as taking medication, gentle exercise and drinking fluids
- Providing guidance for staying safe, keeping warm or cool in changing climates
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
- References that cover the last two years. They can be either employment, professional, academic or written from the Job Centre/Benefits Office
So, if you can combine empathy and understanding with practical care, we want to hear from you. Apply today.