Registered General Nurse - Intensive Care
Client Name: Lewisham and Greenwich NHS, Queen Elizabeth Hospital SE18 4QH
Role: Band 5 ITU/ICU Nurse
Rates: Up to £36.22 / hr
Shifts: Flexible hours, with shifts available throughout the day, night and at weekends.
- Access to Care4Carers - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
- Competitive pay rates
- First sight of agency nursing shifts across multiple trusts
- Next-day payroll
- Block bookings in your favourite locations
- Excellent support from your own dedicated consultant
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we're available when you need us
Working on a flexible shift-based rota, you will be responsible for providing constant monitoring and care for patients in seriously ill or unstable conditions. With access to state-of-the-art medical equipment, you will have the chance to provide the highest standards of care throughout your career.
This role will provide you with the very best opportunities to develop and consolidate your acute care skills while prioritising patient care and upholding the NMC professional Code of Conduct and the NHS values.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a Band 5 ITU/ICU Nurse, you will have:
- patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- excellent attention to detail
- a methodical approach to tasks
- excellent timekeeping
- the ability to work well under pressure
- empathy and understanding
- a flexible attitude
- a desire to learn and improve
- active listening skills
- the ability to use a computer competently
As a Band 5 ITU/ICU Nurse with Lewisham and Greenwich NHS, you will:
- provide constant monitoring and care for patients in seriously ill or unstable conditions.
- actively support emergency admissions, planned admissions and post-surgery patients and their families.
- communicate clinical information using a variety of methods to ensure effective understanding.
- safely identify, prepare, check and assemble equipment required for the relevant operating list.
- be responsible for adhering to the NMC professional Code of Conduct.
- Be a registered nurse.
- At least 2 years post-graduate experience.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
With your skills and passion for patient care, you will be an asset to the ITU/ICU team. Apply today and enjoy flexible hours, next day payroll and excellent support from your own dedicated consultant.