Client Name: Darent Valley Hospital Kent & Medway NHS & SC Partnership TrustRole: Locum Speciality Doctor, Acute Inpatient Rates: Excellent rates of payLocation: DartfordBenefits of...
Client Name: Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Role: Locum Middle Grade Rehabilitation Medicine Doctor
Shifts: As rota with a requirement to undertake resident on call shifts 1 in 5 weeks followed by a rest period
Location: Newark Hospital
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week. Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
As a Middle Grade Doctor in Rehabilitation Medicine, your skills, knowledge and experience are critical to the provision of patient care services throughout the hospital, especially for those with complex medical problems involving multiple symptoms and conditions.
Working flexible shifts at Newark Hospital, you will join the acute medical workforce, providing particular expertise in diagnostic reasoning and co-morbidities while also being a developing pillar of clinical and educational support for other medical professionals.
Newark Hospital takes their contribution to medical development and advancement seriously. As a result, you will have access to some of the most advanced medical equipment in the country and unparalleled opportunities to fully immerse yourself in specialism and training.
In your role as a Doctor, great reliance is placed upon your ability to demonstrate how critical specialist skills and communication combine to ensure a patient's care experience is the very best it can be. Your calm, reassuring nature combined with your wealth of knowledge and expertise will help ensure patients feel safe in your hands
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as Middle Grade Rehabilitation Medicine Doctor, you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to teach, coach and mentor
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks and delegation
- Excellent timekeeping
- A pro-active approach to research and academia
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A dedication to improving and developing knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As a Middle Grade Rehabilitation Medicine Doctor with Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust you will:
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis and treatment options using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Coordinate treatment plans and prescribe various types of treatment.
- Provide constant monitoring and care for patients.
- Communicate with patients and the wider multidisciplinary team on shared patient decision making.
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
- Conduct research to help develop and test surgical techniques and equipment that can improve operating procedures and outcomes
- Help teach and train other junior doctors and medical students and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- MBChB (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or equivalent.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
So, if you are dedicated to achieving the very best outcomes for patients by combining the application of core skills with clinical leadership and critical decision making, we want to hear from you. Apply today.