(UK Experience Required)Medacs Healthcare with over 30 years experience as a leading nursing agency and preferred supplier to several prominent NHS Trusts across the UK,...
Client Name: Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Role: Mental Healthcare Assistant
Rates: Up to £23.66 per hour
Shifts: Various shift: earlies, lates, long days some nights
- First sight of shifts across multiple NHS trusts
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated placement officer
- Hundreds of new shifts available every day
- Block booked days and short shifts available
- £50 referral scheme
- 24/7/365 support - we're here when you need us
Working flexible shifts on various wards, you will provide much-needed care and support to people when they are feeling unwell, vulnerable, and unsure. A significant reliance is placed on the vital care you will provide to ensure a patients care experience is the very best it can be.
The very best Mental Healthcare Assistants are individuals who show empathy, patience, consideration, passion, and dedication.
As a Healthcare Assistant, you will play an essential part in so many people's lives. This is a role where you can see the impact of your work daily, with the sense of achievement and satisfaction that comes with making a real difference.
General key skills
As a Healthcare Assistant, you will have:
- Empathy and understanding
- Compassion and a caring nature
- A warm and friendly personality
- A passion for good conversation
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks
- Excellent timekeeping
- The ability to work well and under pressure
- A flexible attitude
- A desire to improve and develop knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As a MHCA, your duties could include:
- Assisting nurses with day to day care
- Observations 1-2-1
- Serving meals and helping to feed patients
- Helping people to move around and feel more comfortable
- Monitoring patients conditions by taking temperatures, pulse, respiration, and weight
- Encouraging the mental state of the service user to develop
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
- 6 months working in a clinical care setting (NHS or Private)
- References that cover the last two years
So, if you can combine empathy and understanding with practical hands-on patient care, we want to hear from you. Apply today.