Role: Band 5 Registered NurseRates: 18.01 37.13 p/hShifts: Flexible hours, with shifts available throughout the day, night & at weekends.Benefits:Access to Care4Carers to help support...
Client Name: NHS Lothian
Role: Band 5 Registered Nurse
Shifts: Flexible hours, with shifts available throughout the day, night and at weekends.
- Competitive pay rates
- First sight of agency nursing shifts across multiple trusts
- Next-day payroll
- Block bookings in your favourite locations
- Excellent support from your own dedicated consultant
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we're available when you need us
NHS Lothian are looking for a diligent, knowledgeable agency Registered Nurse with recent NHS experience to come and join their team of healthcare professionals and specialists.
Working flexible shifts at St Johns, Royal Edingburgh Infirmary and Borders General Hospital, you will be providing constant monitoring and care for unwell mental health patients.
Working alongside a friendly, welcoming team of dedicated professionals, you will be utilising these resources to provide emergency treatment and ongoing medical care of the highest calibre to patients.
As a healthcare specialist, you will have access to a wide range of development and support packages to ensure you progress your skills and site specialities at every opportunity.
Working calmly across various high-pressure environments, you will be drawing on your quick-thinking abilities as well as your clinical knowledge and understanding. With responsibility for writing care plans, performing assessments and making referrals, alongside your clinical care tasks, this role will continuously challenge you to develop and consolidate your skills.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a Band 5 Registered Nurse, you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent attention to detail
- A methodical approach to tasks
- Excellent timekeeping
- The ability to work well and under pressure
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A desire to learn and improve
- Active listening skills
- The ability to use a computer competently
As a Band 5 Registered Nurse with NHS Lothian, you will:
- Provide constant monitoring and care for patients in a seriously ill or unstable condition.
- Safely identify, prepare, check, and assemble equipment required for the relevant operating list.
- Adhere to the NMC professional Code of Conduct.
- Take blood/fit a cannula and undertake patient observations (blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration rate and oxygen level) as patient need dictates throughout the shift.
- Write care plans, perform assessments, and make referrals.
- Organise admissions and discharges to and from the ward.
- Be a Registered Nurse.
- At least 2 years post-graduate experience.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check.
If you are ready to take a leap forward in your career, apply today to work in the best teaching hospitals in the country and enjoy flexible hours, next day payroll and excellent support from your own dedicated consultant.
If you are ready to demonstrate your nursing skills and passion for patient care in this Band 5 Registered Nurse role, we can't wait to hear from you. Apply today.