Client Name: Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustRole: Obstetrics and Gynaecology ConsultantRates: £90-£110Shifts: Clinics and on callsLocation: King's Mill Hospital Sutton-In-AshfieldBenefits:Over 5,000 new job requests...
Client Name: University Hospitals Birmingham NHS
Role: Obstetrics and Gynaecology Consultant
Rates: £85-£90 per hour
Shifts: As per rota
Location: Birmingham Heartlands Hospital
- Over 5,000 new job requests received every week. Approved supplier on every NHS medical locum framework
- Priority access and first sight of large number of jobs across multiple NHS trusts/health boards
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexibility on jobs/shifts; long term jobs and short ad hoc shifts available
- A dedicated point of contact
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we are available when you need us
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and wellbeing and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
Working flexible shifts at Birmingham Heartlands Hospital, you will join a team of consultants dedicated to providing obstetric or gynaecological care while also being a pillar of clinical and educational support for junior doctors and trainees. In obstetrics, with ever-rising delivery rates, Consultants who can provide direct specialist care for women and supervise and support trainees and midwives on the labour ward are crucial.
The Birmingham Heartlands Hospital takes their contribution to medical development and advancement seriously. As a result, you will have access to some of the most advanced medical equipment in the country and unparalleled opportunities for specialism, research, and academia throughout your consultancy.
As an Obstetrics and Gynaecology Consultant, you are critical for developing, improving, and expanding the services within Birmingham Heartlands Hospital. Here you will be working alongside a cohesive team of dynamic, motivated and progressive Consultants who are committed to patent care, research, academia and knowledge.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as an Obstetrics and Gynaecology Consultant, you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to teach, coach and mentor
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks and delegation
- Excellent timekeeping
- A pro-active approach to research and academia
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A dedication to improving and developing knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As an Obstetrics and Gynaecology Consultant with University Hospitals Birmingham NHS you will:
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis and treatment options using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Coordinate treatment plans and prescribe various types of treatment.
- Provide constant monitoring and care for patients.
- Communicate with patients and the wider multidisciplinary team on shared patient decision making.
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
- Conduct research to help develop and test surgical techniques and equipment that can improve operating procedures and outcomes
- Help teach and train other junior doctors and medical students and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- 6 months recent NHS experience within the last 3 years.
- Be a GMC registered Doctor (you do NOT need to be on the Specialist Register).
- Have relevant experience at Consultant level, or references to support your transition up to Consultant level.
- Hold evidence of stand-alone Right to Work in the UK (unfortunately locum jobs aren't able to offer visa sponsorship).
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check (DBS).
If you are ready to work in a hospital that prides itself on the opportunities provided to staff and the care provided to patients, apply today, and enjoy access to hundreds of shifts, a dedicated Placement Officer and revalidation support.
So, if you are dedicated to achieving the very best outcomes for patients by combining skill and expertise with your ability to teach, coach and mentor junior medical staff, we want to hear from you. Apply today.