Locum Consultant Medical Oncologist - Nottingham
Client Name: Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
Role: Locum Consultant Medical Oncologist - to cover Breast & Gynae preferably, but open to discussion
Rates: £110-£140 per hour dependant on experience. PAYE or umbrella (inside IR35)
Shifts: Monday-Friday 0900-1700, part time considered
Location: Nottingham, East Midlands. Possibility of some remote working
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and well-being and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
- First sight of shifts across multiple NHS trusts
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated placement officer
- Free CPD courses and career support with Medacs Academy
- Hundreds of new shifts available every day
- Long term jobs and short shifts available
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we're available when you need us
Working flexibly at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, you will enjoy close working relationships with cancer patients managing their cancer throughout the disease, treating where possible or providing the highest standards of palliative care.
Working alongside a friendly, multidisciplinary team of dedicated healthcare professionals, you will be using some of the most advanced medical equipment in the country to ensure the effective provision of radiotherapy and systematic therapy treatments.
The field of Oncology is constantly evolving as new treatments are developed and breakthroughs are made in this specialised field of medicine. By choosing to build a strong and rewarding career at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust you will become a key element within their vision to improve the health of the population, with particular focus upon the most vulnerable in our society.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as an Oncology Consultant you will have:
- Quick thinking abilities
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent attention to detail
- A systematic approach to tasks
- Excellent timekeeping
- The ability to work well and under pressure
- Empathy and understanding
- A flexible attitude
- A desire to improve and develop knowledge and skills
- Active listening skills
As an Oncology Consultant with Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust you will:
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis, stage of cancer and treatment options using a variety of methods, to ensure practical understanding.
- Assist in managing the side effects and symptoms of cancer and its treatment including pain management.
- Coordinate treatment plans and prescribe various types of treatment, including chemotherapy and immunotherapy.
- Treat patients with radiation therapy (applies to Clinical Oncologists only).
- Provide constant monitoring and care for patients in seriously ill or unstable conditions.
- Communicate with patients on shared patient decision making
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing cancer information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
- Responsible for adhering to the GMC professional Code of Conduct.
- Be a GMC registered Doctor (you do NOT need to be on the Specialist Register).
- Have relevant experience at Consultant level, or references to support your transition up to Consultant level.
- Hold evidence of stand-alone Right to Work in the UK (unfortunately locum jobs aren't able to offer visa sponsorship).
- You will need to pass an enhanced background check (DBS).
If you are ready to work in a hospital that prides itself on the opportunities provided to staff and the care provided to patients, apply today, and enjoy access to hundreds of shifts, a dedicated Recruitment Consultant and revalidation support.